Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 03:55 PM

I am beginning to think I may have ...

... a Poltergeist!

First my freezer drops dead, then the 'fridge, then the ice cube maker. This morning my computer CD player said it 'couldn't read' the disc that played perfectly well yestermorn, and now - just come back from shopping and found a picture that was hanging peacefully on the wall when I went out - sitting on the sofa!

The cats were cowering behind an armchair - when I asked them about the painting they spat at me and fled - last seen on top of the wardrobe in the bedroom!

Help - somebody send for an exorcist!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 03:58 PM

Re: I am beginning to think I may have ...

Oh Tabby. My neighbour said that to me earlier. It must be something in the air.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
... a Poltergeist!

First my freezer drops dead, then the 'fridge, then the ice cube maker. This morning my computer CD player said it 'couldn't read' the disc that played perfectly well yestermorn, and now - just come back from shopping and found a picture that was hanging peacefully on the wall when I went out - sitting on the sofa!

The cats were cowering behind an armchair - when I asked them about the painting they spat at me and fled - last seen on top of the wardrobe in the bedroom!

There's a new book out about poltergeists, apparently it's flying off the shelves.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:02 PM

Lol,that gave Me a giggle ST..can understand the electrical things conking out...but a picture moving from the wall to the sofa!!..unless of course it was on the wall above the sofa and Your kitty cats moved it
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:05 PM

Was the picture held up by picture wire? Sometimes it rusts and snaps.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:55 PM

Just a thought... maybe the painting fell on one your cats..or all.. so it would explain why they were cowering. Even if it didn't it must have scared them.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 05:17 PM

... a Poltergeist!

Ooeer! Spooky ST!! We never know what goes on when we are out! I often wondered whether the little figures on my Christmas Tree came alive when we weren't there because I would always find several of them lying prostrate on the carpet whenever we returned.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 05:19 PM

Ok I don't want to scare you but cats do see ghosts that we can't see.... I have experience of that and truly.....its true.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Ok I don't want to scare you but cats do see ghosts that we can't see.... I have experience of that and truly.....its true.
Perhaps a ghost was trying to scare Techno cat, Nemo, because he had broken all the electrical gadgets by pushing the wrong buttons!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 05:54 PM

Perhaps the kitties were chasing a crane fly or something and jumped up, knocking the picture.
If not, it's a spookable!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top