Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 02:30 PM

What was your favourite??

Isn't it strange? I have about 7 boxes of Belgian Chocolates to wade through before the dates run out, but I was sitting here thinking of my childhood favourite chocolates that I would love to eat right now.

Does anyone remember Fry's Chocolate Cream Bar or Fry's 5 Variety's? the first was a lovely white mint covered in lovely dark, sweet chocolate, the second was the same chocolate but each of the 5 x break off pieces had different flavours inside, If I can remember there was Strawberry, Green Mint and Orange but I can't remember the other two flavours, but I loved them! All the boys got a 4 bar Kitkat each once a week with their Topper, Beezer, Dandy, Beano, Lion and Tiger comics, while I had a Fry's choc bar with my Bunty, Judy and Mandy comics. (my favourite the 4 Mary's).

Did you ever have a favourite bar of chocolate or sweets you loved as a child?
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 02:40 PM

Re: What was your favourite??

Hi Shropshiregirl...as a child I so loved The Laura Secord, Cream Filled, Chocolate Easter Eggs...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 02:42 PM

I liked Cadbury's milk chocolate bars best, and still do.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 02:43 PM

Coltfoot rock aniseed flavour and of course coffee cream walnut whips .
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 02:49 PM

I used to love Maltesers, although I don't think they are so 'malty' now, or perhaps my taste buds have changed.

In the early 60s, Mars introduced Mintesers, with a green filling. Whenever the ice cream van called round, my sister would buy one and I the other, mixed them and had fun trying to guess which one we would be eating next - exciting times, eh?

By the way, the Four Marys was my favourite too - especially Mary Simpson.
Jaybay
New Member!
Nottingham, UK
Jaybay is female 

19-09-2018, 02:58 PM

Loved Turkish delight covered in chocolate, and Frys chocolate cream but my favourite was crunchy. Also loved a mars or marathon or picnic when out walking. Miss them all as diabetic and don’t have anything but 100% now and it’s just not the same.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:01 PM

Mccowans Highland Toffee - or coo candy as we called it because of the picture of the highland cow.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Shropshiregirl...as a child I so loved The Laura Secord, Cream Filled, Chocolate Easter Eggs...
Oh Filly. I’d forgotten all about those chocolate cream filled eggs from Laura Secord. Oh drool! They were heavenly.

I love quality street chocolates too
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:09 PM

I also adored a packet of Treets too! now I believe they are M&M's and absolutely tasteless!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-09-2018, 03:11 PM

Filly and Bratti, have to confess have never heard of that one living out here in the sticks. Sounds lovely though!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top