Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 04:44 PM

Charity Shop Bargains

I'm so pleased with my bargain today.
I broke all of my lead crystal wine glasses.
These were just £12 unused and boxed.

Have you found any bargains?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:02 PM

Re: Charity Shop Bargains

Wool mostly to add to my hoard. I also found an old camera and a set of cigarette cards, I can't remember how much they were though.
I get most of my Steampunk clothes from charity shops, usually have to modify them though.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Wool mostly to add to my hoard. I also found an old camera and a set of cigarette cards, I can't remember how much they were though.
I get most of my Steampunk clothes from charity shops, usually have to modify them though.
We have a charity shop in Boscombe that only sells wool. Shame you live a distance from me. Cigarette cards????
Good bargain hunting.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:20 PM

Cigarette cards used to be collected by smokers, I think in the 1930' or 40s my Dad had some depicting soldiers of the World, mine are old film stars, they're still packed away or I'd show you.
My idea of heaven is a charity wool shop! I had to severely restrain myself in Aldi yesterday they had loads, very cheap.

I'm not that far from Dorset.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:23 PM

One day I realised I had no old jumpers for working outside during Winter, so I popped down to my local shop and bought a Gortex thermal jumper for £4. Almost four years later, I still have it and it washes up perfectly. Warm too.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:29 PM

I get most of my clothes from charity shops. Friends are often surprised by my wardrobe of "designer" clothes but the truth is I could never afford to buy them new. I got a wonderful nearly new £400+ leather jacket from one of our local charity shops for £30. Most of my extensive guitar collection is from charity shops or car boot sales - bought for a fraction of their actual worth.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 06:28 PM

We donate good quality items to charity shops, we don't buy anything from them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

22-09-2018, 07:13 PM

I'm glad more for me!

I took two bin bags full of clothes and some ornaments to our local Hedgehog rescue shop last week, it feels good to pass things on.

I keep getting bags through the door, I'm not sure if they're really charities as they say they're collecting on behalf of a charity.
I'd rather take stuff to the shop.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:18 PM

I never find bargains in charity shops but my sister Julia was the charity shop queen, she was really good at finding bargains.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:30 PM

Friend Jean bought a gold coloured necklace for £3 . She cleaned it up and its links are separated by pearls . I had a look at it , it's 18carat gold and I've tested the pearls and they are genuine . It's about 18inches in length and heavy . I honestly think it's worth a few hundred pounds .

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top