Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 09:02 PM

Laugh and the world laughs with you..

Did you ever get into a fit of laughter, without a valid reason. When my brother and I used to get together each week, we would laugh at nothing and his wife used to think we were laughing at her, but we weren't, we just used to look at each other and we would start. It was hard to stop.

Once I laughed at a funeral. I kept it low, but my shoulders were shaking so my brother knew and that is all it took and he would start. How embarassing....
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 09:12 PM

Re: Laugh and the world laughs with you..

OMGosh Blue a couple of times I did get caught laughing whilst in stores.

Once I was in a variety store with my mum...looking at the greeting cards. I picked up a card that read "Don't wait for the Shrimp Boats"...then opened to "I'm coming home with the crabs." Mum and I laughed and laughed...tears were rolling down my cheeks...we bought that card so we could show it to dad...

The trick is to get out of the store before piddling oneself...
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 03:21 AM

When I was five or six my cousin and I used to get the giggles in church. Now, in this church everything was a sin, bowling, makeup, holding hands, roller skating, etc. I was afraid I was going to get a sermon saying how bad I was for laughing in church. But little girls giggle, and I enjoyed those times.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 01:40 PM

Occasionally get the giggles.
Imagine calling bingo in a social club while a 90 year old lady is pulling faces at you....
And the rest of the crowd are shouting "get on with it".
Miserable bu@@ers!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 03:33 PM

Oh yes , my then 8 year old daughter was in a school play , she was a donkey , I'd made a huge donkey head out of card , I'd painted huge eyes on and added false eyelashes a large mouth and teeth . When she came on stage wearing a brown blanket and the donkey head one of the ears had dropped and the other was up high , the eyes were staring at me with huge eyelashes as she rocked gently from side to side . My giggles started and my shoulders shook , no one else smiled buti saw the funny side of this beautiful donkey head .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 04:10 PM

Remember well as a teenager walking home with two friends through really deep snow. (does anyone remember the old Cadbury's drinking chocolate jingle --- "Hot Chocolate,Drinking Chocolate, Cadbury's Chocolate"? well, I was humming this little jingle away to myself as we picked our way through the deep snow. I was so intent on watching where my wellington clad feet were walking that I walked smack bang into a lamppost and fell over into a heap in the snow!
As my two friends rushed over to ensure I was okay and I sat there rubbing my forehead,muttering the words " B...r you Cadbury's!! they both must have thought I was concussed. When they realised I was okay, they started to smile, then grin, then laugh together until tears were falling down their faces. They laughed so much they ended up sitting in the snow with me. I didn't particularly find it funny but their laughter was so infectious I ended up laughing along with them.

Funny how this post brought back that funny memory as it was 56 years ago!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 04:18 PM

I started laughing at a Christening once, only because I had watched Mr Bean a few days before. Once you start, it is so difficult to stop.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 04:33 PM

OMGoodness another laughing out loud episode just came to mind. My daughter and I had gone to the hospital with my hubby...he was having tests in the nuclear medicine dept.

The waiting room was full...not another seat to be had...hubby was takin in and we were waiting for him.

Finally...seats became available and we were seated. I crossed my legs and was alarmed at what I saw...so I tried to get my daughter's attention to show her. She looked and saw what I had seen but she wouldn't bite. I could no longer hold my laughter in...there was a dryer sheet coming out of one of my jean's legs...and the more I tried to contain myself the worse it became... Tears and all...

It ended with me standing up and running out of the room...my daughter stayed behind...the brat.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 05:31 PM

Out with a friend and we'd had a few gin and tonics . We were staying overnight in a hotel , something happened and I started giggling , the more I laughed i started to wet my pants, I was wearing tight jeans , I could not stop laughing and wetting myself , I was soaked we had to walk through the hotel to my room where I washed and changed clothes , she even had the cheek to shout " don't put those wet clothes on the radiators "

Embarrassing
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:54 PM

When I was 14yrs and still a Roman Catholic - a school friend and I used to go to Sunday Mass together. It was all still in Latin in those days. One particular Sunday they had an elderly visiting priest saying the Mass - he had a deep booming voice - and he droned out every syllable to trice it's normal length. Friend and I had a fits of the giggles - smothered in our hankies at first but he just droned oooooon aaaaand ooooooon - till we could not stop. A very angry nun evicted us and we had to walk around for ages because we dare not go home early and confess why!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top