Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 09:26 PM

Our childhood toys

The children today play video games and everything electronic. It was so different when I was a child.......

We had:

Hoola Hoops
Yo Yo's
Dolls
Trucks
Toy soldiers
Electric Trains
Bikes
Teeter Totters
Swings
Barbie Dolls

We dressed up in Mom's long skirts and high heels and put on little concerts for the neighbourhood kids.
We played spin the bottle
Hide and Seek
Baseball

We had indian rubber balls that we threw up against the school and they would bounce so high
We went swimming, ice skating, fished and had picnics in the woods.

We didn't talk on the phone. Some families had a phone and I can still remember our phone number. It was 604J.......I will never forget that, but I wasn't allowed to talk to anybody. We had a party line and the old lady next door would listen in to all mom's conversations. My mom would say "hang up the phone Mrs Moore"

We had a teen dance every Saturday night, but I had to go with my brother and come home with him....I could only dance fast dances with girls...no boys, hahaha.

Those were the days........we had a nice life. I don't think I would have been happy being a child in this world of technology..........
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:42 PM

Re: Our childhood toys

You forgot roller skates, Scooters & Bikes. Though the roller skates were the type you screwed onto your shoes & the scooter was never as elaborate as the modern ones. I also had a basket woven dolls pram at a younger age..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-01-03-1254-01.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	7654  
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:43 PM

I remember playing spin the bottle but that was as a teenager and always seemed to involve kissing a boy!
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:56 PM

I remember when I was about eight years old and my favourite aunt went to Florida, with two of her sisters. When she returned...she brought me a View Master...with another ten reels... All of the ten, were pictures of wildlife and special places in Florida...

Imagine...I still had it when my kids were young and they too loved using it...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:59 PM

We still have one, it's got Disney pictures with it.
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We still have one, it's got Disney pictures with it.

They were great fun, eh Tiffany?
Beautiful Filly

19-10-2018, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
You forgot roller skates, Scooters & Bikes. Though the roller skates were the type you screwed onto your shoes & the scooter was never as elaborate as the modern ones. I also had a basket woven dolls pram at a younger age..

I had a wicker doll pram like that, too Tiffany...but the wheels were bigger. Mum told me that one of our bull terriers chewed up it's mattress...
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:19 AM

Scooby Doo.
Rounders.
Jacks.
Marbles.

I used to dress my Nan's Cat up in my Dolls Clothes and ride her round the garden in my Dolls Pram, the Cat loved it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Scooby Doo.
I used to dress my Nan's Cat up in my Dolls Clothes and ride her round the garden in my Dolls Pram, the Cat loved it.
I did that too Susie...I can't say the cat loved it though

I loved Mr Golly my golliwog....oops not allowed to say that now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:33 AM

One toy has always been in vogue regardless of technology.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top