Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 09:22 AM

Obsession or Addiction

Do you have any of these?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 09:28 AM

Re: Obsession or Addiction

Yes I think I do Pauline

I don't know how I would cope without coming online...maybe it's an addiction? Not just here but I play games too and keep up with family and pals on Facebook....maybe I need therapy
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 09:34 AM

Several I think I've got an addictive personality.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 09:59 AM

My Addiction was Linedance, I loved it so much and as well as teaching I travelled to the big Linedances with the Live Bands at the Weekends, every Weekend, for several years, on my night off from teaching I used to go to a friends Linedance Class and just slip in at the back as one of the pupils lol. It was good to dance without Head Mics and calling out the steps as we went.
I'd still be doing it if my stupid knees hadn't let me down.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 10:54 AM

Yes I am an addict too.
I'm addicted to this forum.
Shall we have group therapy?

(Blimey I nearly wrote grope!)
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 10:57 AM

Not addicted anymore but used to be to MMORPGs (WoW in particular) it lasted around 5 years...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 11:08 AM

Yes, I have both. My obsessions usually change with whatever I’m interested it at the time but I have an ongoing obsession with ‘hair.’ I love long beautiful hair and I often compliment others on it.

My hobbies can become somewhat obsessive. For a while I was making hair jewelry so became obsessed with BEADS.
Then it was woodworking so I became obsessed with various types of wood. Singing and music ( keyboard ) in general I can become obsessed with but my hobbies fluctuate which is probably a good thing.

I’m somewhat obsessed with staying in shape so exercise daily. Being active helps me feel strong and in control of ‘my’ life.

Since my parents are alcoholics I don’t drink. When I was in my twenties I did but once I hit thirty I stopped cold turkey. Smoking wasn’t something I enjoyed either so didn’t do it. It’s somewhat repulsive to me.

What I can become easily addicted to are sweets like chocolate. I’m like a kid in a candy store with no discipline once I take that first bite so Christmas, Easter and Valentines Day can be somewhat dangerous to my sweet ‘teeth.’

Online chatting , like on these forums, is most certainly addictive to me and I try and to schedule and limit myself to mornings and evenings or I get nothing done.

Like Julie, I think I’ve got an addictive personality so I try to stay consciously aware of what I’m doing at all times by journaling. It helps me clarify what I’m doing and where I’m headed. Luckily I don’t gamble or do anything too risky so never feel ‘out of control,’ but I lead a simple life in a rural setting where I enjoy my own company and think it’s a good thing. Being around too many people at once , frustrates me so I avoid it at all costs.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Not addicted anymore but used to be to MMORPGs (WoW in particular) it lasted around 5 years...
Okay Aysa, I give up! Can you explain what MMORPGs (WoW in particular) means please?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Okay Aysa, I give up! Can you explain what MMORPGs (WoW in particular) means please?
google is your friend ShropshireG lol
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 11:28 AM

I've also got an addictive personality so am very careful what I try.

I smoke so I'm addicted to nicotine, knowing this I've deliberately avoided any other drugs, even prescription ones. I was offered tranx by my doctor earlier this year (not for the first time) but I refused because, as I told him, I'd get addicted

I used to get obsessed with new hobbies and would pursue them until I was sick of them then I'd never return to them again.

These days I'm much better adjusted and don't seem to get so carried away with things, although I am quite taken with my resident hedgehog

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top