Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 05:03 PM

Internet-free day

Could you get through a full 24 hours without using the internet for one day per week?
That includes not only social media but using it for shopping, banking etc.

What would you miss most? The friendship interaction, not being able to keep in touch....would you be lost and bored? What are the pros and cons?

Apparently it would be a very good thing indeed as people may get out more and regain former interests.

I haven't tried it but I'd give it a go if others would.

What do you you think?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 05:08 PM

Re: Internet-free day

No don't leave us Floydy!!

Actually sometimes I have evenings off because I have to do so much on the computer at work
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 05:08 PM

I will be having two free internet free days from tomorrow Floydy.
I will miss you all though. x
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I will be having two free internet free days from tomorrow Floydy.
I will miss you all though. x
Are you off on another holiday Judith Chalmers?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Are you off on another holiday Judith Chalmers?

I am going to Bristol Rhain.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Could you get through a full 24 hours without using the internet for one day per week?
That includes not only social media but using it for shopping, banking etc.

What would you miss most? The friendship interaction, not being able to keep in touch....would you be lost and bored? What are the pros and cons?

Apparently it would be a very good thing indeed as people may get out more and regain former interests.

I haven't tried it but I'd give it a go if others would.

What do you you think?
Internet free days dont worry me at all ...I use the internet..IT doesnt use me.
As for friendship being lost I am able to keep in touch with anyone should I wish to with my fone.
I really just wouldnt be bored or lost in the slightest as ive other hobbies and things to pass the time offline and these always take priority for me
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 05:56 PM

There have been times when I've had no internet access through a line fault or some other problem and while it's irritating it's no big deal really.

Social media (forums/FB etc) are, to me, as well as, not instead of, a real life and I quite often take breaks, sometimes long ones.

Internet banking, emails and the like, that's a more annoying problem, but I would just go old school and use the phone instead of emails or get up off my arse and go into branch for banking.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 06:55 PM

I could do without it for one day a week, easy.

I'm not one of these people who need to be checking in all the time. I don't take any internet gadget with me on holiday & I wouldn't want to.

Got to admit it's nice to log on when I get back though!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 07:42 PM

I wouldn't like to not have the internet as I'm an avid user but I could survive without it for a short while.

I don't NEED the internet but I do enjoy it. I've just got back from a weekend away and while I posted pictures on facebook for friends to see I wouldn't really miss it had I made my mind not to use facebook.

IN answer to your question, yes I could live without it for 24 hours, no problem and I certainly wouldn't be bored.

I'll try it for 24 hours if you will haha
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 08:17 PM

When we are away at the caravan we dont have internet or phones, so thats most weekends from march to now and 4 complete weeks too. i think that proves i can happily do without it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top