Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:50 PM

My first fracture

I slipped over on my daily walk this morning and have fractured the top of my right arm quite badly. I can't remember when I have in so much pain. I have an appointment at the fracture clinic tomorrow. I can't use that arm at all so I don't know how I will manage, but no doubt we will find a way to do so. Our eldest girl is being FANTASTIC.
Bratti
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:55 PM

Re: My first fracture

Goodness Tarantula! Ouch! Iím so sorry you have hurt yourself so badly. Yes fractures can really hurt. Iím surprised this is your first but thatís also a good thing.
Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.
I guess you donít take anything for the pain.
Itís good your children are being supportive.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:57 PM

OUCH!!! Sorry to hear that Tara that must be so painful. Still, you have more limbs than most to help you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire, England
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 01:00 PM

Tara what horrid thing to happen, it is so difficult when you only have one arm in use .

I hope you can find something to help with the pain....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 01:26 PM

Oh, Tara, I am so sorry, I know how badly it can hurt.
I fractured my elbow in February.
Take care, I am glad you have support. x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 01:31 PM

Sorry to hear that Tara. I hope you get it sorted soon.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 02:30 PM

Tara, l am really sorry to read this. I know how much you love your daily walk. To have suffered a fractured shoulder is pretty major and l know from others who have suffered the same that it is really painful.

I have never broken a bone ever so l have become quite worried that one day, my luck will run out. I tripped over one of my shoes this morning and l went flying but didnít fall. I didnít half swear at my shoe when in fact it was my own stupid fault for not putting my shoes away!

Get well soon.
Surfermom
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 02:37 PM

You have to wait until tomorrow, T? That's horrible!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 02:50 PM

Sorry to hear you have a fracture and I hope you get it put in a plaster cast soon.

It took 10 months for my broken wrist to heal & it now seems that was because I had a vitamin D deficiency, so unless you already take them, I would suggest that you take some vitamin D & calcium supplements......and maybe some pain killers

Good luck and i hope it heals quickly.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 02:57 PM

So sorry to hear about your accident Tara.

As one who has broken many bones you have my sympathy.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top