Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 10:17 PM

What is the riskiest thing you have done.

Share with us, what is the riskiest thing you have done in your lifetime.

When I was a teen, I was learning how to dive, I could make myself come back up, I would go down, down, down in the Lake and didn't seem to be able to turn my hands upward, to start coming to the surface......

Everyone else was diving off the dock, and all of a sudden I did something risky and stupid. I decided to dive without using my hands to cut the water......I banged my head like I was hitting a brick wall........got knocked out cold, floated to the surface, three times before people started realizing I was in trouble, and someone jumped in and saved my life.....later in life this is the man I married...... He was a wonderful man.........

Anyway, the ambulance came and the rest is history, and I am alive and well......to tell the tale.....

What did you do, that nearly killed you, or scared the heck out of you. How about sharing?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 10:20 PM

Re: What is the riskiest thing you have done.

Taking out an endowment mortgage.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 10:21 PM

Swum in the Indian ocean
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 10:39 PM

The only risky thing I ever did was taking the voluntary redundancy from the Bank in 2003. I was in a pensionable very well paid job, but keen to get out. It was risky as I was (and still am) a home owner, and it could have back fired on me. Would I still be out of work a year or so, or even years, later?! As it turned out, no.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 10:57 PM

Getting married

Seriously, getting wed is a risk. Luckily for me it was a risk worth taking and I don't regret any of it.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Swum in the Indian ocean
Is that risky Bes? I thought it was supposed to be one of the warmest and most relaxing place in the world........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Getting married

Seriously, getting wed is a risk. Luckily for me it was a risk worth taking and I don't regret any of it.

Yes Judd. Getting married is a risk. We don't know what the future will hold.

The first time for me I was only a kid of 18, thought I knew it all. We stayed friends till the day he died last year though.

The second time I have no excuse, as I was older and should have been wiser.
I have learned from it though, but I'm not the sort to stay bitter forever.

As far as other 'risks', I can't really think of anything very risky I've ever done, perhaps I've always been a boring old f***.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 12:36 AM

Water skiing across Bridlington Bay - I cannot swim!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Water skiing across Bridlington Bay - I cannot swim!!

Blimey, you little rascal, Tabs.

You saying that has made me remember about going water skiiing too, plus I let meself get yanked up in the air in a harness thingy behind a speed boat!
This was back in '82 when I could still get in a wet suit I borrowed from my friend's ten year old!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 01:14 AM

Taking E.V.R starting a new business in a completely different part of the country.
It was a case of "It had to work" no looking back , the biggest risk one could take , could have lost everything including family..
if one doesn't take at least on huge risk in their lives then they will get nowhere. it takes guts and nerve but pays dividends

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top