Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:14 PM

The grandchildren and Christmas

There is nothing nicer than to celebrate Christmas with the grandchildren. I don't have any, but have been with people who do..........

What do you do that is special for the grandchildren?
What do you give them for a present?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:23 PM

Re: The grandchildren and Christmas

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
There is nothing nicer than to celebrate Christmas with the grandchildren. I don't have any, but have been with people who do..........

Three grandkids, two at senior school one a teacher, and this year like nearly every year they will be spending it with me. Presents this year will be laptops for the two youngest, not sure what the teacher wants this year or my daughter and her bloke.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Three grandkids, two at senior school one a teacher, and this year like nearly every year they will be spending it with me. Presents this year will be laptops for the two youngest, not sure what the teacher wants this year or my daughter and her bloke.
What a great gift Rehab (laptops).......

I have teachers in my family also Rehab...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:46 PM

We will have the girls for Christmas dinner - my dear wife's cooking appeals to all. And my kids eat like starved gannets.........
Presents? Girly things for the 11-year-old, Lego and things for the younger.

It's something we've been doing for a few years now and as pleasant a family gathering as you could have.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:49 PM

What a great gift Rehab (laptops).......

I have teachers in my family also Rehab...
They both need their own laptops now for school work, their desktop is quite slow, and there are fights on who can use it.
My teacher granddaughter had to hold down a part time job and study at University, so naturally am very proud of her and the excellent results she received.
My second oldest granddaughter wants to be a paramedic so is working hard to get good exam results for next year. She really needs laptop for school. The grandson is just that a typical boy, eat, sleep and play games on his console, but needs his own laptop for his mounting homework
I sometimes wonder how some families cope with the schools demand for homework which has to be produced on computers and emailed back to them?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:51 PM

Unfortunately we can't and it is upsetting, they live too far away.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

16-11-2018, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Unfortunately we can't and it is upsetting, they live too far away.
Damn! How about Skype on Christmas Day ?

I am lucky enough to have my grandchildren living close enough to see them almost every day, so I do feel for you.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:01 PM

We won't see our grandchildren until about 5.00pm on Christmas day this year when, along with my son and his children we will go up to my daughter's house for a buffet tea. First time this has happened where we haven't done a Christmas lunch for everybody, but things change. Not sure what to get them for Christmas either - the two older boys have asked for money or vouchers and I will probably get the other two younger ones tablets. It'll be alright on the day I suppose.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top