Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:44 PM

What’s The Weirdest Or Funniest Thing You Have Seen In Someone’s Home?

Some people keep the weirdest things in their home.

I remember when l was little, some family friends had several large glass cases, containing stuffed animals and big fish in their front room.

Can you remember any weird or funny things people kept in their home?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:10 PM

Re: What’s The Weirdest Or Funniest Thing You Have Seen In Someone’s Home?

My Aunt who owned a riding stable and a huge house had a full sized stuffed horse in the hall, we used to sit on it as children when visiting.

She also had a billiard table in the breakfast room where we children had tea, I used to put bread rolls in the little nets on the side.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:20 PM

A friend used to have a penny farthing in the guest bedroom.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:26 PM

I was a little taken aback when my bil said his dog was behind the door and as we peered around it saw a taxidermied deer hound. I'm rather fond of my dogs but it's never occurred to me to keep their bodies like that.

Another time in a home I was home checking for a charity we saw something strange on the mantelpiece and as we left it suddenly occurred to me what it was. Not an item I'd keep on public display like that - a very large black vibrator !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My Aunt who owned a riding stable and a huge house had a full sized stuffed horse in the hall, we used to sit on it as children when visiting.

She also had a billiard table in the breakfast room where we children had tea, I used to put bread rolls in the little nets on the side.
Meg, ‘A huge full sized horse in the hallway’? Good grief! That is very unusual but l bet all the young children must’ve loved it!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2018, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A friend used to have a penny farthing in the guest bedroom.
Annie, Did you have a ride on it?!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, Did you have a ride on it?!!
I didn't but one of our friends tried when he had a New Years eve party. It's really not a good idea to try that when you have had a few drinks!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was a little taken aback when my bil said his dog was behind the door and as we peered around it saw a taxidermied deer hound. I'm rather fond of my dogs but it's never occurred to me to keep their bodies like that.

Another time in a home I was home checking for a charity we saw something strange on the mantelpiece and as we left it suddenly occurred to me what it was. Not an item I'd keep on public display like that - a very large black vibrator !

I was fitting an ensuite for someone and went to look out of the bedroom window. On the way back I spotted several.......ahem! 'toys' by the side of the bed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Julie, That was really funny!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2018, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I was fitting an ensuite for someone and went to look out of the bedroom window. On the way back I spotted several.......ahem! 'toys' by the side of the bed.
Longy, Julie can remember the colour, can you remember the colours? Or was it a quick glance and you ran out in disgust?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top