Join for free
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:13 PM

A Northern Soul

(Nothing to do with the 60's style of music...let's just make that clear please)

This documentary was aired on BBC2 last night (Sunday 18 Nov) and focused on a warehouse worker called Steve Arnott who had an unpaid sideline venture whereby he visited schools in the city of Hull and educated primary school kids about local issues and history through rap music and street dance.

It was directed on a shoestring budget by a local film maker and dealt solely with Steve's quest to juggle his working 'life', family time with his daughter and his company-sponsored "Beats Bus" and involved the hassles and problems he came up against trying to sustain a normal life. If you missed this programme look out for it on catch up or on repeat.

It was a heartfelt, extremely true to life drama about a typical working class 40-something bloke on a minimum wage and what he came up against to simply try to make a living for himself and his family and was an extremely hard hitting programme. The down-to-earth genuine people here in Hull will identify with his story. I reckon when the directors of the company see this documentary they will be asking questions about why certain things happened to this honest guy and hopefully heads may roll.

Just a further note:
I know Steve as he worked at the same company as I do. And you wonder why I want to get out of there as soon as possible.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 06:20 PM

Re: A Northern Soul

Well he got enough for a new bus anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

Well he got enough for a new bus anyway.

That made me laugh. I promise you I did look it up and I plan to watch it, just to see where you work.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-11-2018, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

That made me laugh. I promise you I did look it up and I plan to watch it, just to see where you work.
Well it's a very true reflection mate. I could elaborate but won't right now (until I can)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well it's a very true reflection mate. I could elaborate but won't right now (until I can)
Understood mate.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top