Join for free
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:42 AM

A Christmas Surprise

I was sitting in a cafe in town yesterday, pondering about whether I had left it too late to begin our Annual Christmas Story this year.
I asked myself whether anyone would even want it this year.

As I was sitting there, deep in thought, there was suddenly a slight fracas near the cafe door.
I could see a gentleman getting very upset with a couple of youths but had no idea what it was about.

It quietened down after a few minutes, and the gentleman came into the cafe, ordered his coffee and a slice of chocolate cake, then went to sit down - but couldn't find an empty table.
He wandered about, coffee getting cold, dropping bits of cake everywhere as he took a mouthful, and looked genuinly upset. So I took pity on him and asked him if he cared to share my table.

He looked so relieved and sat himself down, and we gradually got chatting. He seemed a nice chap.
He told me the youths out the front had shoved him hard, then pinched the Santa hat he'd been wearing to keep his head warm.

We got on rather well, so ordered two more coffees, and chatted on.

To cut a longer story short - (now this is going to take your breath away my friends) - it turned out we knew each other even though we'd never actually met!!

To make this tale even more amazing, you will never guess who it was?
( There is a fiver for the first person who guesses right.)

Right. I knew you would never guess it, so I'll tell you.

It was only our very own .................... DONGLE (aka Longdogs).
Would you believe it??

After a while, we inevitably got talking about Christmas and both said how nice it would be if all our friends on OFF could all meet up before the 25th, and have a Christmas dinner together.

So that is how the idea was created.
I immediately contacted as many people as I could.

Now for those I couldn't contact, how do you feel about meeting up at the coach station next Saturday, 10 a.m. and join me on a coach to Newcastle to visit the Christmas markets, get some late pressies, then have a lovely meal together?

If we are really, really on our best behaviour, I wondered if they might even allow us to pop in and visit our Nomkins to show we've not forgotten him this Christmas.

So what do you say? Who's coming?
We can book in the Premier Inn if you want to stay overnight.

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:16 AM

Re: A Christmas Surprise

Wow! What are the odds. That’s so nice. I hope you do meet up again.
Very sweet.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:41 AM

That's quite an amazing coincidence Mups. I bet you were both sharing a few stories and memories about the site too.

I would love to meet up someday but living where I do I'm miles from anyone really. Maybe a meet in the summer might be okay depending on where it is.
Perhaps we can draw up some plans for different locations whereby those nearest to each other can meet up? I'm all for it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 08:03 AM

Sounds good!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:11 AM

Thank heavens they didn't pinch his stockings!

Much too far for me to travel Mups.
Hope you all have a great time x
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:16 AM

Sounds a remarkable coincidence Mups, small world indeed..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:22 AM

Was about to say the same .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:30 AM

Mups is this the start of your Christmas story or is it a real event?.....I'm a bit slow and easily confused
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Mups is this the start of your Christmas story or is it a real event?.....I'm a bit slow and easily confused
I'm just wondering the same...

...as I didn't get a personal invite!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 01:48 PM

I was caught out when I read Mups thread last night ..... crafty madam!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top