Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 10:05 AM

Impatient door thumpers.

Good Morning everybody. Do you have problems with doorbells? We have a Westminster Chime bell that cost more than £40. It can be heard quite clearly on the outside when the button is pressed BUT, whenever anyone comes to the door they bang on it with such force that I fully expect it to be knocked off its hinges. After waiting almost two seconds for someone to answer the door they will ring the bell. We are both disabled and it takes us about 15 seconds to get to the door. Why are people so impatient?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 10:12 AM

Re: Impatient door thumpers.

We have a 22 foot hallway I have to make my way along to get to the door, by time I've struggled my way there I am usually yelling hang on I'm coming ! dogs going barking mad. There is no way they don't know we have heard them. But no they have to continue leaning on the bell and thumping the door.

Amazon are pretty good they yell through the door left it on the mat so I can get there in my own time and mr tesco always calls back it's OK don't hurt yourself I can wait.

It's the others
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:42 AM

I was told that I knock like I'm the police about to do a raid on the house. I'm laughing about it now but I hate it when people bang like mad on my door.

I have to use the key to open my front door so I'm often shouting " Hang on a minute" repeatedly while I search for my keys.
With the dogs its even worse now as if theres a knock on the door they are going bananas and I'm having to grab them and push them into the lounge first.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:52 AM

We also have a long way to get to the front door, If anyone is banging away on the door I usually yank it open, glare and say I don't stand behind the B****y door waiting for someone to knock you know. Then they usually look a bit embarrassed lol. But people seldom come to the front door it's always the back that's used and most put their head round and shout "you in rox/dunc"
if there's no answer then they head for the stables office..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 12:11 PM

We also have a bell that no one uses. I can only imagine that couriers have discovered that they get a quicker response from banging on the door than they do ringing the bell.

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 12:12 PM

What a huge "bug bear" banging on my door is to me...Delivery drivers tend to knock and scarper as fast as they can...WTF!!!
I usually open the door to see them disappearing round my driveway back to their vans ...why they just cant leave the parcel gently on the doorstep with minimum fuss I dont know..
Time is money it seems nowadays!! And no doubts all the drivers have their targets theyre trying to keep to. Soul destroying jobs...id hate a job like that where I couldnt do my best.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 12:21 PM

I would guess, if you were a courier or similar, you press a bell that, if you can't hear from the outside, have no idea actually works, after standing there for say three minutes, they knock the door, and, within in a minute someone answers and says "Sorry, the bell doesn't work". After say ten occurrences of this scenario, the courier probably knocks as an insurance policy, to save him/her working till ten at night maybe.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 12:32 PM

I have a bell and a knocker but to get to the knocker you have to open the screen door so few people bother.

Aysa was right about some of the courier drivers but before they flee they invariably leave a card with a phone number which, if you ring it, will usually bring him back to the door within the hour and this time (s)he will wait.

The only ones who really annoy me are the ones who ignore the "No religious loonies" sign by the bell. They get short shift and a lecture on literacy, common sense, science and reason pursues them as they retreat down the garden path.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 12:39 PM

Hardly anyone rings my doorbell they bang on the glass door

When I was ill a couple of months ago I fell asleep on the sofa only to be woken by someone banging on the front window with a parcel for a neighbour, he bypassed the door altogether
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have a bell and a knocker but to get to the knocker you have to open the screen door so few people bother.

Aysa was right about some of the courier drivers but before they flee they invariably leave a card with a phone number which, if you ring it, will usually bring him back to the door within the hour and this time (s)he will wait.

The only ones who really annoy me are the ones who ignore the "No religious loonies" sign by the bell. They get short shift and a lecture on literacy, common sense, science and reason pursues them as they retreat down the garden path.
Unfortunately that doesn't always happen here. If we miss a Post Office delivery, we can't collect it from the parcel office for 24 hours. It used to be 4 hours but they must have decided that was too helpful for customers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top