Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 16,316
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
19-12-2018, 04:38 PM
1

Why are people so surprised?

Hi

We are leaving, we voted as Country to do so.

We have been part of the EU for 40 years, we are totally integrated.

Things will change, from big things to tens of thousands of little things.

We are clamping down on immigration from the EU, they are doing the same to Immigration from the UK.

They are not going to be able to just move here, we are not going to be able to just retire there.

Anything more than 90 days, a visa will be required.

Your passport and luggage and vehicle will be checked entering and leaving.

Standards will change, we want to set our own.

Changes to packaging, insurance, bank accounts etc etc.

Taxation will change, as will the need for medical insurance.

Some things will be cheaper, others more expensive.

This is what we voted for.

We will be no longer part of the EU, we will be a competitor.

The EU will look after itself, as will we.

The EU has got a huge head start on us, they do not have to renegotiate all their Trade Deals and International Agreements.

They have no need to to employ hundreds more specialist Trade Negotiators and legal experts, we do.

They have no need to set up their own Medicines Agency and get it agreed with the rest of the World, they already have one, same with chemicals and nuclear.

None of these things are insurmountable, but they take time and money.

In terms of new Trade Deals, years.

It is what we voted for, a go it alone fresh start.

We should expect change.
Reply With Quote
itsme
Senior Member
itsme is offline
Wigan UK
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 739
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
19-12-2018, 06:57 PM
2

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are leaving, we voted as Country to do so.

We have been part of the EU for 40 years, we are totally integrated.

Things will change, from big things to tens of thousands of little things.

We are clamping down on immigration from the EU, they are doing the same to Immigration from the UK.

They are not going to be able to just move here, we are not going to be able to just retire there.

Anything more than 90 days, a visa will be required.

Your passport and luggage and vehicle will be checked entering and leaving.

Standards will change, we want to set our own.

Changes to packaging, insurance, bank accounts etc etc.

Taxation will change, as will the need for medical insurance.

Some things will be cheaper, others more expensive.

This is what we voted for.

We will be no longer part of the EU, we will be a competitor.

The EU will look after itself, as will we.

The EU has got a huge head start on us, they do not have to renegotiate all their Trade Deals and International Agreements.

They have no need to to employ hundreds more specialist Trade Negotiators and legal experts, we do.

They have no need to set up their own Medicines Agency and get it agreed with the rest of the World, they already have one, same with chemicals and nuclear.

None of these things are insurmountable, but they take time and money.

In terms of new Trade Deals, years.

It is what we voted for, a go it alone fresh start.

We should expect change.
A breath of reality,
but I don't recall Johnson having any of that on the side of the bus, or Farage stood in front of a poster saying that, or Gove spouting it on the television, or that slime ball Hogg telling people the truth of what would happen etc. etc.
Reply With Quote
Twink55's Avatar
Twink55
Chatterbox
Twink55 is offline
Cheshire, England
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 13,967
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
19-12-2018, 07:22 PM
3

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by itsme ->
A breath of reality,
but I don't recall Johnson having any of that on the side of the bus, or Farage stood in front of a poster saying that, or Gove spouting it on the television, or that slime ball Hogg telling people the truth of what would happen etc. etc.
I voted to leave, but I never listened to Johnson, Farrage or Gove.
Most, who voted to leave, had their own reasons for doing so and were aware that it may mean a few lean years, but they were intelligent enough to know that we would not have to abide by the EU's future plans.
Reply With Quote
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire, England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 36,844
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
19-12-2018, 07:31 PM
4

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I voted to leave, but I never listened to Johnson, Farrage or Gove.
Most, who voted to leave, had their own reasons for doing so and were aware that it may mean a few lean years, but they were intelligent enough to know that we would not have to abide by the EU's future plans.
I agree Twink some of us have minds of our own and don't feel the need to listen to Politicians.

Likewise when I voted not to stay in the Common Market in 1975.
Reply With Quote
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire, England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 36,844
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
19-12-2018, 07:34 PM
5

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

We should expect change.
I do and for the better when the dust has settled
Reply With Quote
itsme
Senior Member
itsme is offline
Wigan UK
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 739
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
19-12-2018, 07:39 PM
6

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree Twink some of us have minds of our own and don't feel the need to listen to Politicians.

Likewise when I voted not to stay in the Common Market in 1975.
Oh come on! they where on the television, the radio, the newspapers etc etc. And you pretend that they made no impression on you? Give me a break!!

I keep hearing on this forum that people didn't vote to leave because of this, or that, but never why?????????
Reply With Quote
Twink55's Avatar
Twink55
Chatterbox
Twink55 is offline
Cheshire, England
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 13,967
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
19-12-2018, 07:53 PM
7

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Oh come on! they where on the television, the radio, the newspapers etc etc. And you pretend that they made no impression on you? Give me a break!!

I keep hearing on this forum that people didn't vote to leave because of this, or that, but never why?????????
I hope you are not suggesting I am lying itsme!

I was going to give my reasons for leaving, but why should I when you are suggesting I am not telling the truth, about the mentioned people having no influence on my vote?

Try being more polite to people and they may then be prepared to to tell you the reason why they voted to leave
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is online now
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,469
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
19-12-2018, 07:53 PM
8

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by itsme ->
A breath of reality,
but I don't recall Johnson having any of that on the side of the bus, or Farage stood in front of a poster saying that, or Gove spouting it on the television, or that slime ball Hogg telling people the truth of what would happen etc. etc.
Neither do I recall mrs May mentioning that based on her deal the UK would still be paying in 2028 (p. 216 and further).
For instance page 269:
The Joint Committee shall assess, no earlier than 8 years after the end of the transition period, the functioning of the Authority. Following such assessment, it may decide, in good faith, pursuant to point (f) of Article 164(4) and Article 166, that the United Kingdom may abolish the Authority.
Reply With Quote
Moscow
Senior Member
Moscow is offline
Scotland
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,398
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
19-12-2018, 08:16 PM
9

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are leaving, we voted as Country to do so.

We have been part of the EU for 40 years, we are totally integrated.

Things will change, from big things to tens of thousands of little things.

We are clamping down on immigration from the EU, they are doing the same to Immigration from the UK.

They are not going to be able to just move here, we are not going to be able to just retire there.

Anything more than 90 days, a visa will be required.

Your passport and luggage and vehicle will be checked entering and leaving.

Standards will change, we want to set our own.

Changes to packaging, insurance, bank accounts etc etc.

Taxation will change, as will the need for medical insurance.

Some things will be cheaper, others more expensive.

This is what we voted for.

We will be no longer part of the EU, we will be a competitor.

The EU will look after itself, as will we.

The EU has got a huge head start on us, they do not have to renegotiate all their Trade Deals and International Agreements.

They have no need to to employ hundreds more specialist Trade Negotiators and legal experts, we do.

They have no need to set up their own Medicines Agency and get it agreed with the rest of the World, they already have one, same with chemicals and nuclear.

None of these things are insurmountable, but they take time and money.

In terms of new Trade Deals, years.

It is what we voted for, a go it alone fresh start.

We should expect change.
Quite obviously, Swims, the penny has been slow to drop with you


There is nothing new in what you are saying nor unexpected.

Bring it on!!
Reply With Quote
Purwell's Avatar
Purwell
Chatterbox
Purwell is online now
North Herts, England
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 6,498
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
19-12-2018, 09:46 PM
10

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I voted to leave, but I never listened to Johnson, Farrage or Gove.
Most, who voted to leave, had their own reasons for doing so and were aware that it may mean a few lean years, but they were intelligent enough to know that we would not have to abide by the EU's future plans.
Just one positive reason for leaving is what I would like to see.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.