Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:04 PM

Do you like it leaning Frontwards or Backwards?

Hair Washing of course.
Why can't Plumbers put a small hairdressers sink in the modern Bathrooms as well as well as bidets?

It is much more comfortable leaning backward especially have had eye surgery and must not get shampoo in the eyes.
Also a professional stand up hair dryer would be useful as well.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:27 PM

Re: Do you like it leaning Frontwards or Backwards?

Standing in the shower, if they did fit such a sink I can't imagine me using it so it would be a wasted feature. Although a little sink might be nice for chihuahua bathing, she has to pop in the kitchen sink otherwise.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 09:33 PM

I, along with most guys on here, would have been stunned by the thread title! Don't think leaning backwards would be my preference!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 09:51 PM

Bet the ladies thought of hair washing, the purer sex
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:10 PM

Surely we'd struggle to bend over backwards to wash our hair, wouldn't we?

For a start there would need to be a seat of the perfect height with one of those adjustable backs.
Then I imagine it would be tricky holding the shower head, groping about for the shampoo bottle, and putting it all down again somewhere whilst massaging the hair with both hands - and at the same time bending backwards?
When it came to applying conditioner afterwards, if it was on the basin behind you, how would you reach it?

Much easier just to wash your hair whilst in the shower.
At least that way you can face forwards or backwards and not have to have a free hand to hold the shower head as well.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:17 PM

I find those 'backward' basins grossly uncomfortable. Prefer to wash my hair in the shower or to lean over the bath.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I find those 'backward' basins grossly uncomfortable. Prefer to wash my hair in the shower or to lean over the bath.
At the wrong height, Silver Tabby they can be uncomfortable you may have to sit on cushion.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

13-01-2019, 01:19 AM

I like leaning backwards over the basin, and my friend would be washing my hair and i would wash her hair too.
I know many women who's husbands /partners wash their hair for them and even tint it as well.
Of course the chair has to be the right height for comfort

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

13-01-2019, 01:20 AM

[QUOTE=John;1614492]I, along with most guys on here, would have been stunned by the thread title! Don't think leaning backwards would be my preference!! [/QUOT

That all depends how agile you are God Sir.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Hair Washing of course.
Why can't Plumbers put a small hairdressers sink in the modern Bathrooms as well as well as bidets?

It is much more comfortable leaning backward especially have had eye surgery and must not get shampoo in the eyes.
Also a professional stand up hair dryer would be useful as well.

Plumbers can indeed install a hairdresser's sink if you want them to. Stand up hair driers are also readily available (but shouldn't really be put in bathrooms for somewhat obvious reasons, but could be done if you intend to spend a lot of time sitting on the loo, post hairwash)

Personally, I think that it should be mandatory for all new builds to include hand-held douche shower heads to be installed adjacent to WC pans (anyone who has visited a predominantly muslim country knows what I mean), which would supply warm water for "cleansing" and thus reduce the need for loo paper since a normal hand towel for drying would suffice.

Indeed, if you intend to have a fixed standup hair drier installed and are able to do a handstand, then this would be an ideal situation as part of your ablution process

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top