Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:57 PM

A Genuine Question for Remain Posters

This is asked with all sincerity and not in any way as a thread to start an argument or have a dig at anyone, That is so pointless as it only results in the thread being locked. So please play nicely and keep it civil if you respond. Thanks.

I have noticed that the Brexit threads seems to be full of Brexit supporting posters with our complaints about the unfairness of all that has been happening in Parliament. Not the failure to get her withdrawal agreement through, but the traitorous plotting of Remain MP's with the help of John Bercow, to bring down Theresa May's government and cancel Article 50.

I've noticed that you have all been rather quiet today and would really like to know whether you condone what has been happening, ashamed of their actions or simply don't care as long as the action taken results in us remaining in the EU?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:07 PM

Re: A Genuine Question for Remain Posters

None of the above. I haven't been quiet. I think things are as expected.
None of the Government have a clue, they didn't think to plan before the vote.
The EU aren't going to make it easy as they don't want any other countries to leave, they will block us at every turn.
It's all the fault of previous governments for not standing up for us and not refusing to implement changes and restrictions in the past.
It's become safer for us to be part of the EU than to leave, you can't blame ordinary folk for voting for the safe option when they feel they were protecting their children and grandchildren's future.
Blame the politicians for rolling over.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:13 PM

Thanks TessA, I too wish I could line up against the wall. every traitorous MP from previous governments,(along with our present motley crew), who have made megabucks on the backs of the people since the days of Edward Heath.

Sheer disgust comes to mind.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:21 PM

I would feel much better about the whole process if it hadn't been so rushed.
It seems like "leave means leave" meant get out without thinking things through. A huge change like Brexit needs careful planning and each aspect sorted before the next is tackled.
May should have consulted with every MP across all parties plus business leaders and heads of establishments such as the NHS, education bodies etc. not plowed on with her version of a deal.
I would have supported it much more if I thought it was taken more seriously on our side.

They hadn't even considered the impact on Ireland let alone anything else.
Why the rush?
Do things properly or face the consequences of no one being satisfied.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:29 PM

I'm just really getting bored of the brexit saga, feel the government has lost the plot and cannot believe it has come to this.

I was really hoping common sense would prevail and that we would reach a sensible agreement with the EU and within Parliament on the way forward (to exit). But what has happened is just nuts and i cannot believe May delayed the vote for a month.

I'm not impressed with any of them.

I have no idea of what will happen next given the level of uncertainty. It leaves businesses and EU citizens in limbo. The country is being run into the ground by amateurs.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Do things properly or face the consequences of no one being satisfied.
That's the problem they didn't do anything, they expected a remain answer to the vote. Didn't get one, and panic set in.....Whata we do, whata we do, whata we do.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:32 PM

NB someone said on the news this morning that both leave and remain voters are united in how they feel about the shambles. So at least we all have something to agree on for a change!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-01-2019, 06:35 PM

Seems to me that a lot of leavers in Parliament are making things even worse.

I don't understand why, leavers say they knew what they voted for, they got what they voted for, they don't want what they knew they voted for and it's all the remainers' faults.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Theresa May - a miserable pleader !!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-01-2019, 06:53 PM

I am actually, starting to think that the EU is a bit sinister, not that I think we are doing the right thing but, I'm wondering if there is anyway we could leave ...

Hotel California and the Hellfire Club, someone will write a song about this soon!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top