Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 03:54 PM

EE and BT

Hi

I have a problem with my landline for days.

Broadband fine, phone not working.

Contract is with EE who insisted things were fine with the line and it must be a problem with my phone.

Eventually, after much messing about they agreed to send BT.

They arrived this morning, a man and a van.

He was very good and very efficient.

Put a new phone socket in, said mine was ancient, checked the line and found a fault outside.

Up the pole he went, found a problem, fixed it and then found another problem, this time underground.

He had another van come, which arrived within 30 minutes and they lifted the cover to find a problem with water getting in and corrosion.

They then fixed that, tested everything and left.

They have ordered a full repair of the underground box to prevent the problem recurring.

Very polite, clean and tidy and helpful.

A very satisfied customer.

I have emailed their customer service to say so.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 04:04 PM

Re: EE and BT

That make a pleasant change Swim. The last time I had BT in years ago to update the old twin type telephone wire, I had to go under the floor myself to drag the new line from the air-brick where it entered the building to the socket location in the hall. His excuse was that he didn't have an apprentice to go under the floor for him (wimp) so to prevent another week's wait I did it myself.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:38 PM

I'm with BT
I can't fault them

And what's more Unlimited Broadband means exactly that
No hidden agenda
Always on the ball if I get a glitch
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Yep, same here, good fast efficient service and their router even works down the yard in the summer house. Bit expensive now I've been with them for a few years though. It started off at £20 for the first year then it went up to thirty, and now it's almost forty quid for the month. And that's not counting line rental which I pay for the year. £200'ish.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top