Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Limey2000
New Member!
Perthshire
Limey2000 is male 

20-01-2019, 09:16 AM

Online Brexit petition

Hi all.

I'm sure you are all as fed up of Brexit as I am, it has left me feeling ashamed of our so called representives in parliament.
I have created an online petition calling for Article 50 to be delayed while negotiation are done by professional negotiators on behalf of the people not for political gain.
I would appreciate support. It also calls for parliament to be disbanded and new elections since politicians true colours have been revealed.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...g79sfmxaRD0kv1
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 09:48 AM

Re: Online Brexit petition

Delayed ? Why would I want it delayed???

I DEMAND IT IMPLEMENTED AS AGREED BY PARLIAMENT AND THE EU AND WE LEAVE 29th MARCH
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
delayed ? Why would i want it delayed???

I demand it implemented as agreed by parliament and the eu and we leave 29th march

marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 09:55 AM

I'm sure you are all as fed up of Brexit as I am, it has left me feeling ashamed of our so called representives in parliament

Surely it was ‘agreed’ when we triggered article 50 .... that we leave 29th March 2019 ???
What the self servers in parliament are doing is doing anything and everything to prevent this and that isn’t both what was agreed before they asked the question or indeed what was agreed when we triggered it .... so you are now wanting to also go against democracy too ????
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 09:56 AM

I am not 'fed up' with Brexit as you put it, I have waited a long time to exercise my option to vote to leave the EU.

We have had a referendum,the majority vote was to leave now all we need is bad loses to stop putting obstacles in our way of our doing just that.

There is no point in delaying article 50 unless of course you voted remain and wish to delay our leaving.

'Professional negotiators' we have those already if they could be allowed to get on with it.

The last thing we need is another election or another referendum which is I think just an attempt to split the leave vote and prevent our leaving.

Come hell or high water we need to leave the EU on the 29th March as we were promised so thank you for the invitation but I won't be signing your petition.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

20-01-2019, 10:04 AM

This deal thing is and always has been a smoke screen , a delaying tactic .... and somehow has been forced upon the nation , hard Brexit soft brexit Norway brexit Canada brexit can’t leave without a deal brexit .... it was a simple question of stay or leave , now that to me was always HARD BREXIT ... to leave in entirety ... it really was that simple !!!

Remoaners and this deal thing as far as I’m concerned is an add on , a kind of well for £40billion we will allow this that and the other but with a back stop that says you can never leave and to me that isn’t a deal worth having so we leave without a deal and if Europe wishes to apply tariffs then so be it and business will have to work with that , flip side of course is we may apply tariffs and make european goods more expensive , we may become a tax haven , we may ......we may become ..... we may ... we may we may we may .... we may do anything BECAUSE WE ARE FREE TO DO WHATEVER WE WISH !!!!!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Limey2000 ->
......... while negotiation are done by professional negotiators on behalf of the people not for political gain.
Yes, it should never have been in the hands of politicians. Party politics and brexit don't mix, it's destroyed the tories.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:15 AM

If anything we should bring the leave date forward.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
This deal thing is and always has been a smoke screen , a delaying tactic .... and somehow has been forced upon the nation , hard Brexit soft brexit Norway brexit Canada brexit can’t leave without a deal brexit .... it was a simple question of stay or leave , now that to me was always HARD BREXIT ... to leave in entirety ... it really was that simple !!!

Remoaners and this deal thing as far as I’m concerned is an add on , a kind of well for £40billion we will allow this that and the other but with a back stop that says you can never leave and to me that isn’t a deal worth having so we leave without a deal and if Europe wishes to apply tariffs then so be it and business will have to work with that , flip side of course is we may apply tariffs and make european goods more expensive , we may become a tax haven , we may ......we may become ..... we may ... we may we may we may .... we may do anything BECAUSE WE ARE FREE TO DO WHATEVER WE WISH !!!!!
I've really no time for you bridge burners.

Personally I want to leave the corrupt EU club, but I want us to pay our debts if we have any and then leave in a way that protects jobs and livelihoods whilst maintaining friendly relationships with the EU countries that we want to continue to trade with.

Acrimony is a two way street my friend, so why generate it if it can be avoided? Go and burn your bridges then if you must, but don't go burning mine thanks very much.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

20-01-2019, 10:29 AM

ersonally I want to leave the corrupt EU club, but I want us to pay our debts if we have any and then leave in a way that protects jobs and livelihoods whilst maintaining friendly relationships with the EU countries that we want to continue to trade with.

Who says we cannot trade ???? Please list in your reply which of the worlds countries we cannot trade with ? I can’t be bothered googling but off the top of my head I’d guess at North Korea , Iran , Syria ... I’ve never heard or read anywhere we can’t trade with any of the European countries ....yet you are implying after brexit we could no longer trade with these... please show me why this will no longer be possible ...
However once free it is a FACT we can make trade deals with the rest of the world and that is something you cannot do as a EU member so a little clarity in your reasoning please just as we can trade with European countries .... AND THEY CAN TRADE WITH US , considering we buy far more than we sell then it seems obvious tariffs are not in their interest ..... grown ups call it ‘ the ball is in your court mr Mercedes ‘

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top