Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:59 AM

Bad news for the middle Classes

If Corbyn gets in

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ex...de-Corbyn.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:04 PM

Re: Bad news for the middle Classes

Austerity has decimated the poor time others had just a little taste.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:08 PM

I wonder if old Compo will sell his nice £750,000 London pad and go and move into a little bungalow somewhere cheaper?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Agree the have's have had it cushy for the last four decades Julie, but the mere thought of Corbyn and his marxist views is a really frightening thought. He wouldn't make the poor any richer. To be able to provide the extra help for the poorest in our society (pathetic though it may be) ,we all know that a slice is always taken from those who have more to provide for those who don't. What happens then if Corbyn gets in and does what he said he would do and take, take, take from the top downwards and give to the poorest? all very noble and a vote winner with the poorest, but....when Corbyn has bled the ones who have more until they have nothing left to give, and businesses leave the UK in their droves, where does the contribution to the poor come from then?

We would, without doubt, all end up as a basketcase country like Venezuela. And it is the poorest who would really suffer.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Agree the have's have had it cushy for the last four decades Julie, but the mere thought of Corbyn and his marxist views is a really frightening thought. He wouldn't make the poor any richer. To be able to provide the extra help for the poorest in our society (pathetic though it may be) ,we all know that a slice is always taken from those who have more to provide for those who don't. What happens then if Corbyn gets in and does what he said he would do and take, take, take from the top downwards and give to the poorest? all very noble and a vote winner with the poorest, but....when Corbyn has bled the ones who have more until they have nothing left to give, and businesses leave the UK in their droves, where does the contribution to the poor come from then?

We would, without doubt, all end up as a basketcase country like Venezuela. And it is the poorest who would really suffer.
It depends how he helps though IMO and giving isn't helping but nationalising industries and building might. We need something else and he is offering different things we should try I believe.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I wonder if old Compo will sell his nice £750,000 London pad and go and move into a little bungalow somewhere cheaper?
Maybe he'll buy a four-bedroom detached complete with luxury yacht in the driveway.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It depends how he helps though IMO and giving isn't helping but nationalising industries and building might. We need something else and he is offering different things we should try I believe.
Hi

Marxism does not work, anywhere.

I am not opposed to paying more tax for those genuinely in need, carers for example and those who cannot work due to genuine illness.

Labour's plans.

First, companies being forced to give 10% of their Capital to their workers.

Many of our biggest Companies are foreign owned.

They will move, simple as that.

Massive unemployment.

Nationalisaton?

Who will lend us the money to do that?

We are in huge debt already.

It is a dream, and a stupid one at that.

As for Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax.

Well no Inheritance Tax for me, that money has gone, no big house, a small ex Council and only £2000 in shares.

The kids have got it and it is safely parked abroad, well out of his reach.

I will not have a single penny of the money I have saved for my kids going to those who have blown their money in pubs, iPads, new cars etc and who have not bothered to provide for themselves and their families.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-01-2019, 02:23 PM

We aren't everywhere else unless I have accidentally strayed into another country. We will never be a truly communist state but we can learn to share that bit more and make people's lives better. I never understand why those with enough don't want everyone to have that too. I'd love to see everyone with enough makes far better sense than some having it all and others nothing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 03:42 PM

Julie What do you mean those with enough ?
And how do you know that people don't want others to have things and have better lives.
You have enough don't you ?
I have enough but I'm not super rich and my children are burdened with mortgages .
I want to leave them something I don't want it taken and given to someone else .
Taxes How much is a bit more ?
Paying more taxes is one thing .
Taxing money that has already been taxed is a tax on being frugal and on aspiration .
What's the use in trying to provide for ones old age and family if it will be taken away from you and given to those who perhaps have not been thrifty .
Everyone has the right to look after their own .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-01-2019, 03:51 PM

People make so many excuses and reasons why we shouldn't all have enough muddy. People with houses arguing others don't deserve them etc the NIMBYs who are alright and don't want others enjoying their views too.

No one wants to take everything another person has but an unequal society isn't good for any of us.

I have never said I don't have enough either all I argue is we should all have it not just some of us.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top