Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:03 AM

Why Do They Have Old People Leading The Country?

Call me ageist but l think there are too many old people in charge of this and other countries.

Theresa May, Jeremy Corbyn and even Donald Trump should be put out to pasture and someone younger take their place. Vince Cable out too!

Do you agree or think l’m talking a load of tosh?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:11 AM

Re: Why Do They Have Old People Leading The Country?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Call me ageist but l think there are too many old people in charge of this and other countries.

Theresa May, Jeremy Corbyn and even Donald Trump should be put out to pasture and someone younger take their place.

Do you agree or think l’m talking a load of tosh?
A load of tosh Arty....
Older people have the wisdom and experience of a long life and all civilizations usually have their elders at the head of the community.....For good reason!..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:13 AM

Experience wins out for me every time, sadly though some old people are just that old and not experienced. But it's why I would never say old people be stopped from leading or representing anyone as generally they have experiences that help.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A load of tosh Arty....
Older people have the wisdom and experience of a long life and all civilizations usually have their elders at the head of the community.....For good reason!..
I agree with you on this Foxy!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A load of tosh Arty....

France Canada, New Zealand Ireland Austria ?

All in their thirties .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 12:02 PM

I would certainly agree with those Arty has mentioned whos motto is 'My way or the highway'..We need new forward thinking younger leaders...but where are They?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 12:05 PM

Its silly, being on a train where the driver possibly believes they wont make it to the next station.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
France Canada, New Zealand Ireland Austria ?

All in their thirties .
I don't think Macron is all that popular.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I don't think Macron is all that popular.
I would agree, especially as many who oppose him are now wanting to leave the EU!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 01:40 PM

True, they do have the experience and are worldly wise. The trouble is that older people can also be out of touch with contemporary life too. They are not too 'streetwise' and you cannot run the country by still hanging on to 1960's ideas.
You need a mix but perhaps there should be a certain age limit for politicians to operate to, say 70? Certainly abolish The Lords.

On the other end of the scale we have too many headstrong and brainwashed students who have read too many books and want to make a name for themselves. They are the more dangerous ones.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top