Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
john wickford
New Member!
john wickford is offline
essex
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
john wickford is male 
 
06-02-2019, 10:05 PM
1

Reasons in favour of brexit

Denmark, Ireland and Britain joined the EEC in 1973

Since then we have seen:
Major Cuts in the armed services
Major cuts in the police force
Numerous Police stations closing
Council house provision and availability drastically cut
Major industries have been sold off to foreign buyers or closed
Our steel industry is on its knees
Farmers are paid to leave fields fallow.
Our Fishing industry was decimated
Local pavements and roads are not resurfaced – many are worse than third world countries
There are More people sleeping on the streets
Water provision was sold off to foreign buyers
Electricity, gas, and petrol so much more expensive
National health services have worsened considerably – Waiting time to see a consultant has increased, as has the time it takes to get a Doctor’s appointment.
We suffer deaths because of the long waiting times for an emergency ambulance.

I could go on but the truth is that we in Britain are so much worse off since we joined the EU.
And that is why intelligent people in this country voted to leave the European Union.

Ignore the scares about the shortage of fruit and vegetables. Our farmers are well able to grow enough.
Given a grant for more boats our fishermen are well capable of keeping the fish flowing.

MP’s chasing a new referendum are a disgrace and should resign. I suggest and know from previous elections that if an MP won their seat by one vote ‘THEY’ would not ask for another election.
Reply With Quote
Realist's Avatar
Realist
Chatterbox
Realist is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 8,002
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 10:06 PM
2

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

+ 1
Reply With Quote
Floydy's Avatar
Floydy
Chatterbox
Floydy is online now
Hull, UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10,714
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 10:27 PM
3

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

Good evening, John. Welcome to the forum.
Have you any hobbies, pastimes or cats?
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,993
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 10:29 PM
4

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

Originally Posted by john wickford ->
Denmark, Ireland and Britain joined the EEC in 1973

Since then we have seen:
Major Cuts in the armed services
Major cuts in the police force
Numerous Police stations closing
Council house provision and availability drastically cut
Major industries have been sold off to foreign buyers or closed
Our steel industry is on its knees
Farmers are paid to leave fields fallow.
Our Fishing industry was decimated
Local pavements and roads are not resurfaced – many are worse than third world countries
There are More people sleeping on the streets
Water provision was sold off to foreign buyers
Electricity, gas, and petrol so much more expensive
National health services have worsened considerably – Waiting time to see a consultant has increased, as has the time it takes to get a Doctor’s appointment.
We suffer deaths because of the long waiting times for an emergency ambulance.

I could go on but the truth is that we in Britain are so much worse off since we joined the EU.
And that is why intelligent people in this country voted to leave the European Union.

Ignore the scares about the shortage of fruit and vegetables. Our farmers are well able to grow enough.
Given a grant for more boats our fishermen are well capable of keeping the fish flowing.

MP’s chasing a new referendum are a disgrace and should resign. I suggest and know from previous elections that if an MP won their seat by one vote ‘THEY’ would not ask for another election.
Okay, all that was in 2016. Now move up a few years to the present. Any new insights?
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
AnnieS is online now
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 9,720
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 10:30 PM
5

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

John you're describing the results of Tory policies. Are the Tories EU agents?
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 442
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 10:45 PM
6

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

Originally Posted by john wickford ->
Denmark, Ireland and Britain joined the EEC in 1973

Since then we have seen:
Major Cuts in the armed services
Major cuts in the police force
Numerous Police stations closing
Council house provision and availability drastically cut
Major industries have been sold off to foreign buyers or closed
Our steel industry is on its knees
Farmers are paid to leave fields fallow.
Our Fishing industry was decimated
Local pavements and roads are not resurfaced – many are worse than third world countries
There are More people sleeping on the streets
Water provision was sold off to foreign buyers
Electricity, gas, and petrol so much more expensive
National health services have worsened considerably – Waiting time to see a consultant has increased, as has the time it takes to get a Doctor’s appointment.
We suffer deaths because of the long waiting times for an emergency ambulance.

I could go on but the truth is that we in Britain are so much worse off since we joined the EU.
And that is why intelligent people in this country voted to leave the European Union.

Ignore the scares about the shortage of fruit and vegetables. Our farmers are well able to grow enough.
Given a grant for more boats our fishermen are well capable of keeping the fish flowing.

MP’s chasing a new referendum are a disgrace and should resign. I suggest and know from previous elections that if an MP won their seat by one vote ‘THEY’ would not ask for another election.
As all of the items on your list bar fishing and set aside are principally due to the policies and actions of our own governments over the intervening years perhaps you would be better off leaving the UK than blaming the EEC/EU. Ad an intelligent voter to know it’s the right thing to do
Reply With Quote
Realist's Avatar
Realist
Chatterbox
Realist is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 8,002
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 11:08 PM
7

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
John you're describing the results of Tory policies. Are the Tories EU agents?
Yes they are, and so are Labour and Lib Dems
Reply With Quote
TessA's Avatar
TessA
Official Poinker
TessA is offline
Somerset
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 19,021
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 11:48 PM
8

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

Anyone remember how filthy our beaches were before the EU made us clean them up? Human waste in water we were paddling in?
Now we just have plastic!
Reply With Quote
Realist's Avatar
Realist
Chatterbox
Realist is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 8,002
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2019, 01:19 AM
9

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

No but I remember how well kept and managed our rivers and waterways were, being constantly dredged of their silt and gravel by local farmers and authorities. Then the EU came along with their European Waterways Framework saying we mustn't manage the waterways any more, but must leave them to Nature.

The result, lots of blockages which lead to lots of horrendous floods when it rained, which in turn ruined the lives of many people who found their downstairs rooms flooded with filthy smelly water. Now those people are stuck in their houses. They will likely never be able to sell them as no-one will want to touch houses that are now prone to flooding.

Of course once we are out of the EU bureaucracy we can get back to doing things properly.
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 442
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-02-2019, 06:30 AM
10

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No but I remember how well kept and managed our rivers and waterways were, being constantly dredged of their silt and gravel by local farmers and authorities. Then the EU came along with their European Waterways Framework saying we mustn't manage the waterways any more, but must leave them to Nature.

The result, lots of blockages which lead to lots of horrendous floods when it rained, which in turn ruined the lives of many people who found their downstairs rooms flooded with filthy smelly water. Now those people are stuck in their houses. They will likely never be able to sell them as no-one will want to touch houses that are now prone to flooding.

Of course once we are out of the EU bureaucracy we can get back to doing things properly.
The EU directive was to provide cleaner waterways and to maintain and enhance the biodiversity.

Whilst there was some removal of artificial obstructions the principle cause of flooding had been the loss of natural flood plains and runoff rather than natural soakage. Changes in weather patterns, particularly long period of rain resulting in waterlogged ground and relishing waters tables hasn’t helped either.

As usual you present an unbiased view and exhibitt selective amnesia when the evidence does not support your agenda.

FYI there was also another EU directive about maintaining navigable waterways, something many European countries do better than the UK
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.