Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 03:20 PM

Has Anyone Got These Yet?

Hi everyone, My younger brother's Russian Fiancee popped in to visit me yesterday with some out of this world cupcakes. Not so much the cakes themselves which tasted lovely, but the intricate piping she had done on the tops. They looked out of this world and I was so envious of her skill at icing... until she told me it was all done with the piping tips (Russian).
I couldn't believe how gorgeous they looked.

After she left, I looked them up online, and sure enough, Lakelands and just about everyone else, sell them. There are about 100 different tips!!

Now, since I have finally (I hope) mastered how to download videos, I am including one on this post. I hope you will agree the cake icing decorations look absolutely gorgeous. I've already put my order in for three of them with her and she is bringing them with her at the end of February. (10 times cheaper in Russia)

Has anyone already got any of these Russian icing bag tips?

Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 03:29 PM

Re: Has Anyone Got These Yet?

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi everyone, My younger brother's Russian Fiancee popped in to visit me yesterday with some out of this world cupcakes. Not so much the cakes themselves which tasted lovely, but the intricate piping she had done on the tops. They looked out of this world and I was so envious of her skill at icing... until she told me it was all done with the piping tips (Russian).
I couldn't believe how gorgeous they looked.

After she left, I looked them up online, and sure enough, Lakelands and just about everyone else, sell them. There are about 100 different tips!!

Now, since I have finally (I hope) mastered how to download videos, I am including one on this post. I hope you will agree the cake icing decorations look absolutely gorgeous. I've already put my order in for three of them with her and she is bringing them with her at the end of February. (10 times cheaper in Russia)

Has anyone already got any of these Russian icing bag tips?

]
Wow! Ingenious!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 03:33 PM

Aren't they just Pyxell! I am so eager to try them out I was sorely tempted to order some online, but patience is a virtue and she is the expert and knows which ones have the prettiest nozzles so will wait until the end of the month. Sigh! Must remember though to add a little more milk to the buttercream to get a softer consistency, and stock up on icing bags!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 03:46 PM

Do they do heart-shaped ones for Valentine's Day?

If so, you could start baking and clean up come Thursday!

And wouldn't a wedding cake look lovely with lots of white and yellow flowers all over it?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

10-02-2019, 04:31 PM

That's what I was thinking! Wouldn't they look gorgeous on a wedding cake, in white and yellow as you say, or perhaps two shades of pink, the options are endless. imagine chocolate with white or yellow centres for Valentines Day!.

Oh well, I will be ready for next year.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 05:25 PM

Those are amazing!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 05:48 PM

I need them and I don't even bake cakes!
Pyxell
South of England

10-02-2019, 05:52 PM

I wonder if they would work with coloured cement?

Then you could let them set and they'd make cracking garden ornaments to stick on plant pots!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 05:55 PM

Brilliant. I love those.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top