Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 08:21 PM

It’s Bits Of Meat, That...

....reminds me, Just how much l miss my dogs.

They loved the bits of meat l had left over on my plate that l saved for them.
They loved it when l came back from a meal out to sniff and rummage in my handbag for the bits of meat, usually steak that l brought back for them.

Tonight, l have had steak for my dinner and all the fatty and chewy bits are there and they would have loved them.

So l ask, what reminds you of your lost pet...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 08:26 PM

Re: It’s Bits Of Meat, That...

A true doggie bag
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
A true doggie bag
Beattie, It was only the best for my darlins!
I would give anything to have them back here again.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 08:35 PM

I loved the way he stalked the birds, but never caught any of them, they knew his tricks.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-02-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I loved the way he stalked the birds, but never caught any of them, they knew his tricks.
Susie, When l had a cat. I remember how his teeth used to clatter together as he watched the birds! It was like he was shivering.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 10:34 PM

I miss Floyd running off with my slippers when I got home, now Dolly's started doing it!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Beattie, It was only the best for my darlins!
I would give anything to have them back here again.
They steal our hearts but are so worth it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 11:20 PM

I miss every one of them for different reasons.

I miss my Pips, (Lurcher), who was my constant companion in the car.

I miss my Biff & his father, Elmo (GSD's) for laying next to my bed every night of their life and never, ever failing to look out me.

I miss the total loyalty of all my past GSD's for the 30 years I shared with them.

I miss my little old rescue, Shep, (Goldie x Collie) who repayed me a thousand times for saving him from being shot by a vile imbecile owner.

I have got loads of puppy milk teeth, to remember many of them by, plus their name tags from collars.

I even still have a brush from my old pony who had to be PTS back in 1974! Sad woman that I am.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 11:32 PM

....reminds me, Just how much l miss my dogs.

They loved the bits of meat l had left over on my plate that l saved for them.
They loved it when l came back from a meal out to sniff and rummage in my handbag for the bits of meat, usually steak that l brought back for them.

Tonight, l have had steak for my dinner and all the fatty and chewy bits are there and they would have loved them.

So l ask, what reminds you of your lost pet...
I.m sure our dog would love that. But we are getting him to lose weight. So, apart from his much reduced diet he gets dried fruit and vegetables, carrots, apples, chicken breast, stuff with few calories.

Think it is working - his collar is now down three notches.
Aim is to get him down from 40kg to 30 kg.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 09:21 AM

Susie, When l had a cat. I remember how his teeth used to clatter together as he watched the birds! It was like he was shivering.
Art, this was our Cat called billy.

One day I put 4 slices of bread on top of the garage roof for the birds, Billy got up there, picked up all 4 slices without breaking any of them, brought them down, arranged them in a line outside our back door and waited for the birds to come down, but the Birds knew what he was up to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top