Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 02:31 PM

Back to weekly rubbish collections?

At the end of the news a few days ago, I heard that the government is planning to force councils into resuming weekly rubbish (non-recycling) collections and are to provide more funds to cover it. I can't find any links to this so I'm starting to wonder if I imagined it. I know the government did pledge the same thing in 2105 but the idea was dropped.

Anyone know about this?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 02:37 PM

Re: Back to weekly rubbish collections?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
At the end of the news a few days ago, I heard that the government is planning to force councils into resuming weekly rubbish (non-recycling) collections and are to provide more funds to cover it. I can't find any links to this so I'm starting to wonder if I imagined it. I know the government did pledge the same thing in 2105 but the idea was dropped.

Anyone know about this?
I've not heard of that, but maybe the cost of clearing up the ensuing extra flytipping has proved greater than the savings of fortnightly collections.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I've not heard of that, but maybe the cost of clearing up the ensuing extra flytipping has proved greater than the savings of fortnightly collections.
That was the impression I got and the increase in vermin of course.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 02:45 PM

Might just be food waste

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...in-rats-flies/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-02-2019, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Might just be food waste

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...in-rats-flies/
#

Yes could be. I know all councils are different but ours is still collected weekly.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
#

Yes could be. I know all councils are different but ours is still collected weekly.
Gosh yes! My food waste is collected weekly! I don't have much, and it's mostly vegetable, cheese rind and tea bags, but I'd hate to have to keep it for two weeks!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-02-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Gosh yes! My food waste is collected weekly! I don't have much, and it's mostly vegetable, cheese rind and tea bags, but I'd hate to have to keep it for two weeks!
We are lucky in that we have very little meat waste (just cat food) but I can imagine the bins getting a bit smelly in the summer with meat and fish in there.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 03:40 PM

I've just been reading this.

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/cou...in_collections
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 04:54 PM

I wish my wheelie was emptied weekly! I have a little slim one and nothing much fits in it!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 08:23 PM

Our food waste is collected weekly, rubbish and recycling on alternating weeks. Works well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top