Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 05:29 PM

Benidorm suffers HUGE drop in British Tourists.

In fact, a 15% drop in tourists visiting Benidorm. And of course, they are blaming Brexit!

Nothing to do with the fact of course that the British have had enough of being made to feel unwelcome and unwanted by the Spanish, having had to contend with marches and demonstrations on the beaches of Benidorm, harrassing British tourists by holding up placards saying “We Don’t want you here Brits” and “Go Home Brits”.Whilst welcoming those from Africa!!!!
And I don’t suppose their tiny brains have taken in that we don’t like having extra Tourist Taxes placed on top of the Tourist Tax we were already paying, and included in that convenient tourist tax - were the once valued cruise visitors on just a few hours visit with their once wanted spending money..

We also object to the constant threats of ownership of, and attacks on Gibraltar, plus the vile way they treated the people of Catalonia.

Finally, The Spanish didn’t hesitate to take sides with the Brussels bullies in targeting the people of Britain who voted to leave.

As far as I am concerned, I am really pleased to see the British boycotting Spanish Holiday. They deserve to be ignored. There is a country right next to them that is a beautiful country that appreciates and welcomes the British - Portugal.

You can keep your cesspit country, and stop complaining. First you say you don’t want us, then you cry because we have stopped coming to you.

Not only will the Brits show their utter contempt at countries that treat them so offensively, wait until the boycott of their goods start as well.

What are your thoughts on this?
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 05:32 PM

Re: Benidorm suffers HUGE drop in British Tourists.

Thoughts? Rather not say to be honest.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 05:38 PM

Never been & never want to go, but I enjoyed the TV series.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 05:40 PM

A colleague at work has just returned from Benidorm and said the people were very friendly.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 05:57 PM

After watching Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun on Channel 5, there is no way in the world, you would get me to fetch up in Benidorm !!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 05:59 PM

I went to Benidorm a few times when I was a teenager and it is what it is but I had no idea about the protests etc. I have no desire to go back there anyway.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 07:05 PM

Can’t say I particularly like Spain anyway but

Spain to block plans to give Britons visa-free travel after Brexit
https://mol.im/a/6725331

Spain has threatened to block British citizens from having visa-free travel throughout the EU after Brexit as the row over Gibraltar resurfaced.

First I scrub Ireland off my Christmas list and now Spain
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 07:27 PM

The British have for years by way of tourism supported the Spanish economy.
If all they can do is bleat & bitch about us and cause aggro over Gibraltar, then I hope their economy suffers due to their arrogance.

Sod 'em!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 07:51 PM

We will soon find out they've been lying about their GDP figures. That should be the final nail in the coffin for their economy.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I went to Benidorm a few times when I was a teenager and it is what it is but I had no idea about the protests etc. I have no desire to go back there anyway.
It's not my sort of holiday either tbh.
I know there are many things to do for 'older' people but it's geared towards younger folk. Every country has these places designed as tourist trasps for binge drinkers: Marmaris, Malia, Aiya Napa, Blackpool.....Not my sort of scene anymore I'm afraid. I like a few beers now and then but I know my limits these days.
I know Playa De Las Americas in Tenerife is sometimes roped in with that lot but it's only one notorious area, The Vernonica Straight that attracts those folk. The rest of the country is beautiful and I've been there several times. Also, the Spanish people in Tenerife are always very friendly towards the Brits

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top