Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:47 PM

Do Emotions have an Aroma

Some of you may have seen recently, that scientists have proved that flowers can hear, and actually respond to sound.

Following on from that, what do you think about this that I have just read - it's about our emotions and moods giving off a 'scent.'

Take a look:

Like an Incense Stick

Although your thoughts, attitudes, intentions and feelings are not visible, they do have an effect. They permeate the atmosphere and influence the mood in a room, like the aroma from an incense stick, curling through the air ...

Negative thoughts and intentions or a less than generous attitude release a heavy pungent odour.

Kind thoughts, beneficial intentions, or an understanding attitude create a fragrant aroma, uplifting the atmosphere.

I am aware other's emotions can be 'palpable', and we can often pick up feelings upon walking into a room, or house etc, but do you think they truly have a scent of some sort which human noses can't detect?

If this is so, what atmosphere do we each create, I wonder?

(Am I spending too much time on me own do you think?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:52 PM

Re: Do Emotions have an Aroma

Fear does, I can vouch for that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:53 PM

I think this is possible Mups. I'm sure pets pick up on mood scents so why not humans. Pets seem to understand when we are upset or ill or happy and I would imagine they understand by using their sense of smell.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:54 PM

Very interesting.. but I don't know.
Nervousness can certainly give off a smell , so maybe peacefulness can also.
I doubt our own noses can pick up much of anything since we've been smothered with curry and coffee for far too long, but I have heard that the tribes in Africa can smell things like cigarette smoke and aftershave from miles away.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think this is possible Mups. I'm sure pets pick up on mood scents so why not humans. Pets seem to understand when we are upset or ill or happy and I would imagine they understand by using their sense of smell.

I said in another thread recently, that some humans think they are so superior in every way to the animal world, but we have been our own undoing in some ways.
We have got so used to pressing buttons and or/relying on technology for our every single whim, that our 5 natural senses we once had to rely on, will become obsolete, even though we were given them for our very survival.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I said in another thread recently, that some humans think they are so superior in every way to the animal world, but we have been our own undoing in some ways.
We have got so used to pressing buttons and or/relying on technology for our every single whim, that our 5 natural senses we once had to rely on, will become obsolete, even though we were given them for our very survival.
Excellent post, Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-02-2019, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Excellent post, Mups.

Thank you Tabs.

I find it really interesting. Just found this too:

All of your feelings, positive or negative, create physiological changes. Your breathing, your hormone secretion, digestion, skin, heart rate, digestion, and muscle energy levels change with every emotion.

So whenever you are feeling stressed for example, you are silently giving off your very own stress scent or pheromones

So I guess if we can give off fear or stress scents, it is safe to assume we give off a different aroma when we are happy and relaxed then. Likewise in a foul temper etc.

This is probably why we feel so comfortable with some people and not others do you think, it is the imperceptible odours we are detecting?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 01:35 AM

pheromones - sex scents - has anyone got any on here?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you Tabs.

I find it really interesting. Just found this too:

All of your feelings, positive or negative, create physiological changes. Your breathing, your hormone secretion, digestion, skin, heart rate, digestion, and muscle energy levels change with every emotion.

So whenever you are feeling stressed for example, you are silently giving off your very own stress scent or pheromones

So I guess if we can give off fear or stress scents, it is safe to assume we give off a different aroma when we are happy and relaxed then. Likewise in a foul temper etc.

This is probably why we feel so comfortable with some people and not others do you think, it is the imperceptible odours we are detecting?
Just what I was going to say!
This is exactly what happens.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 07:17 AM

I can certainly sense atmospheres I'm not sure if it's a smell though....more a feeling.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top