Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,053
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-03-2019, 02:31 PM
1

Theresa looking relaxed.

Despite the defeats and chaos she has suffered in parliamentary voting,she looks remarkedly relaxed,indeed,compared to her demeanor in previous month's.How can this be?Perhaps it is because she has now almost completed her task,in cahoots with the EU,which was to totaly reverse the Brexit vote.She has done this by creating delays and confusion and divisions in parliament and her own party.We are now in a situation where she can claim it's not her fault,it's either the ERGs or Jeremy Corbyn or her ex Brexit ministers.She is now working to split off the ERG from the Tory party once she doesn't need their votes any more due to the remainers on both sides getting together.The EU is now indicating they are open to a longer extension than is being suggested currently in the house.l suspect this will be what will transpire.This means Brexit is over.We can onlyPROTEST or give up and wait for a GE and hope we get an alternative party to vote for,we have been well and truly stuffed by the establishment again.Get all your old tyres ready? Donkeyman.
Reply With Quote
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Julie1962 is offline
Surrey
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 42,390
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-03-2019, 02:42 PM
2

Re: Theresa looking relaxed.

Perhaps she has given up like her voice has, I felt quite sorry for her with her throat problem then thought surely we should respect our PM not feel sorry for her.
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,526
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-03-2019, 03:10 PM
3

Re: Theresa looking relaxed.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Despite the defeats and chaos she has suffered in parliamentary voting,she looks remarkedly relaxed,indeed,compared to her demeanor in previous month's.How can this be?Perhaps it is because she has now almost completed her task,in cahoots with the EU,which was to totaly reverse the Brexit vote.She has done this by creating delays and confusion and divisions in parliament and her own party.We are now in a situation where she can claim it's not her fault,it's either the ERGs or Jeremy Corbyn or her ex Brexit ministers.She is now working to split off the ERG from the Tory party once she doesn't need their votes any more due to the remainers on both sides getting together.The EU is now indicating they are open to a longer extension than is being suggested currently in the house.l suspect this will be what will transpire.This means Brexit is over.We can onlyPROTEST or give up and wait for a GE and hope we get an alternative party to vote for,we have been well and truly stuffed by the establishment again.Get all your old tyres ready? Donkeyman.
Resigned might be a better word. She has been sent to negotiate a withdrawal deal with the EU. She did, given the red lines dictated by her own mp's.
Coming back with a deal, it was rejected by these same mp's. Why? Because these mp's had in the meantime learned something of the reality of being an EU member.
Now the house has taken control, they think. And Theresa has resigned to the idea she has given her best, and now the burden is of her shoulders.
Reply With Quote
Realist's Avatar
Realist
Chatterbox
Realist is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 8,352
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-03-2019, 11:02 PM
4

Re: Theresa looking relaxed.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Despite the defeats and chaos she has suffered in parliamentary voting,she looks remarkedly relaxed,indeed,compared to her demeanor in previous month's. How can this be? Perhaps it is because she has now almost completed her task, in cahoots with the EU, which was to totaly reverse the Brexit vote.
Yep

No question whatsoever

May is simply working for the EU, always has been.

No intention whatsoever of allowing us to leave. Doing whatever the EU tell her to do.


Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
She has done this by creating delays and confusion and divisions in parliament and her own party.
Divide and conquer is an age old strategy

Attrition another, literally delaying to make the populous bored of BrExit so they will accept almost any outcome just to be rid of it all

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The EU is now indicating they are open to a longer extension than is being suggested currently in the house.l suspect this will be what will transpire.This means Brexit is over.We can onlyPROTEST or give up and wait for a GE and hope we get an alternative party to vote for,we have been well and truly stuffed by the establishment again.Get all your old tyres ready? Donkeyman.
Correct. They were never ever going to allow us to leave.

All they were doing was looking for the best way to betray the referendum decision without too much outfall. Damage limitation etc.

Voting for a different government will make no difference as all the main parties are the EU party and have been for years.

The voting system is geared to ensure they always remain in power.

There is no democracy. It has been usurped.

There will surely be civil unrest once enough people wake up and see the truth.
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
AnnieS is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 10,424
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-03-2019, 11:17 PM
5

Re: Theresa looking relaxed.

Realist what makes you think that civil unrest will lead to something better? When has it ever been demonstrated in history that civil unrest gives anyone what they wanted? Change yes but never what everyone wants.
Reply With Quote
Realist's Avatar
Realist
Chatterbox
Realist is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 8,352
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-03-2019, 11:21 PM
6

Re: Theresa looking relaxed.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Realist what makes you think that civil unrest will lead to something better? When has it ever been demonstrated in history that civil unrest gives anyone what they wanted? Change yes but never what everyone wants.
You can never deliver what EVERYONE wants. That's why we have a majority voting system.

That system is now being usurped, ignored. Democracy is being shoved aside in favour of a dictatorship.

There have been countless revolutions throughout history. Millions have given their lives in wars to defend and protect our basic rights and freedoms.

If you persist in trying to obstruct or ignore democracy then the outcome is sadly inevitable.
Reply With Quote
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire, England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 37,553
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-03-2019, 01:30 AM
7

Re: Theresa looking relaxed.

''Looking relaxed'' are we looking at the same person .
Each day that goes by May looks older and more bent over to me and she adopts either a fixed false smile or a grimace on her face which must be very painful.

I think she is in need of a convalescent home.
Reply With Quote
gumbud
Chatterbox
gumbud is offline
australia
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,432
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-03-2019, 02:32 AM
8

Re: Theresa looking relaxed.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep

No question whatsoever

May is simply working for the EU, always has been.

No intention whatsoever of allowing us to leave. Doing whatever the EU tell her to do.




Divide and conquer is an age old strategy

Attrition another, literally delaying to make the populous bored of BrExit so they will accept almost any outcome just to be rid of it all



Correct. They were never ever going to allow us to leave.

All they were doing was looking for the best way to betray the referendum decision without too much outfall. Damage limitation etc.

Voting for a different government will make no difference as all the main parties are the EU party and have been for years.

The voting system is geared to ensure they always remain in power.

There is no democracy. It has been usurped.

There will surely be civil unrest once enough people wake up and see the truth.
you mean the 60% who never go out to vote??
Reply With Quote
gumbud
Chatterbox
gumbud is offline
australia
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,432
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-03-2019, 02:33 AM
9

Re: Theresa looking relaxed.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You can never deliver what EVERYONE wants. That's why we have a majority voting system.

That system is now being usurped, ignored. Democracy is being shoved aside in favour of a dictatorship.

There have been countless revolutions throughout history. Millions have given their lives in wars to defend and protect our basic rights and freedoms.

If you persist in trying to obstruct or ignore democracy then the outcome is sadly inevitable.
democracy is already being ignored every election FGS
Reply With Quote
gumbud
Chatterbox
gumbud is offline
australia
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,432
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-03-2019, 02:34 AM
10

Re: Theresa looking relaxed.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
''Looking relaxed'' are we looking at the same person .
Each day that goes by May looks older and more bent over to me and she adopts either a fixed false smile or a grimace on her face which must be very painful.

I think she is in need of a convalescent home.
agreed good body behavior observations!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.