Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:30 PM

Do you have too much stuff on your phone?

I like my phone to have a nice clean interface and to be able to easily find something - that's not difficult on an iPhone. But a friend's android phone is always hitting the limits with a crowded screens and is always nearly out of space; he never deletes anything which doesn't help. His doesn't have a microUSB card available. I'm glad I bought the 256GB iPhone because 128 wouldn't have been enough as I add music and other items onto it. I plan on storing more films onto it as its 6.5" screen is perfect for movies, photos and other media. I don't use iCloud for my photos because I only have the 5GB of storage on there and it wouldn't be enough. Also it has the backups of my 2 iPhones and my iPad.

As you can see I have 9122 songs on there but thats not counting Google Play Music so perhaps nearer 12,000 songs locally stored. That's plenty. Even though I have a streaming subscription I still like having my entire music collection on the phone. It's also on my MacBook and in the cloud so I regard it as fairly safe.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:37 PM

Re: Do you have too much stuff on your phone?

I don't even have a mobile phone..........
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Some people don't. Do they just not appeal to you and are you reliant on your landline?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
nor me
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 05:22 PM

I use most of my apps there are a few I don't but they say they interact with others so I am nervous to delete them. I put mine in folders so I can find things easily, all shopping apps in one place, all books and good reads etc in another, all my music and radio and tv in another. Then I have one called unused and I stick anything I haven't used but don't dare delete in that one, saves them cluttering up the screen.

I am sure I could get rid of some but I am never anywhere near my limit so I won't worry until I am.

Only thing clutters my screen a bit is I use a sticky note app and keep notes of things I need to remember and they do clog up the screen occasionally, but I see it as a win when I can delete them as it proves I am getting my tasks for the week done, never seems to be an end of them popping up though
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Some people don't. Do they just not appeal to you and are you reliant on your landline?
I was tied to one 24/7 for many years in my position as MD of a company that designed/manufactured power electronics for industrial plants. Continuous running. We had service contracts that required cover. The call out duty was rotated for my staff but I was the back stop.

When I retired. I thought enough was enough. No, I didn't want to be roused at 02:00 any more. I'm in my seventies but I still do consultancy for which I earn a bit. But, a few grand a year........for a midnight call. I drew the line at that.

I mostly communicate by email or social media. Yes, we do have a land line. We have been in our new house for just a week. I haven't used it once.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 05:29 PM

I have an iPad and Mr M has an iPhone .
Neither of us has the faintest idea how to download music .
The car stores every cd it plays but how to get it to the iPhone /iPad is beyond us .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 05:33 PM

When we joined amazon prime that gave an easy way to get music to our phones, also radio apps mean you can get just about any music preference to your phone with no worries about memory being used up. The global radio app is great it has all their stations in one app.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-03-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have an iPad and Mr M has an iPhone .
Neither of us has the faintest idea how to download music .
The car stores every cd it plays but how to get it to the iPhone /iPad is beyond us .
You would have to either rip your CDs using one of those CD ripping drives, or maybe one is built into your computer.

Then you would store your music on your computer and, attaching the iPad or iPhone, download iTunes, open it and follow instructions. iTunes is not for the faint-hearted, though. I was glad that I only had to use it once.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Flippin heck, until a few years ago, I had one upgrade from the brick phone!! then it was a Nokia flip top, which I grew to love dearly as it understood my thickness when it came to anything technical, it taught me how to use it and it became second nature.
Last year I finally upgraded to a Nokia Lumia 920, so I reckon I am gradually catching up and only about 40 upgrades behind everyone else!

I have the usual on the front such as people, whatsapp, camera etc, but I do tend to be guilty about storing so much info on whatsapp, I have to have a purge now and again to rid the phone of it.

To be perfectly frank, I don't know the difference between phones. As long as the bloomin thing works, I can make phone calls and send/receive texts and take photo's, this one will probably go in the pine box with me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top