Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:44 AM

Do You Have A Television In Your Kitchen?

I have a small, wall mounted television in my kitchen and it’s not even digital. I have to play it through my Sky box from another room. I can also watch recordings on it.

I sometimes, have it on when l’m preparing food but never whilst l’m eating. I am totally against eating a meal when the television is on.

Reading this back, I sound a bit sad having a television in the kitchen!
So, are you as sad as me and have a television in your kitchen?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:49 AM

Re: Do You Have A Television In Your Kitchen?

No art, our kitchen is tiny, nowhere to put one, plus it’s pretty pointless as we can watch our tv from the kitchen anyway
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:50 AM

No but I'm sure it's nice to have when you are cooking.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:50 AM

No never wanted one. I like the radio on in the kitchen.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:53 AM

No i haven't either

I tend to sing along to myself when I'm cooking!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:57 AM

I haven't got a TV anywhere in the house. Never watch TV ... but oddly, I've got a TV licence.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:59 AM

We have a kitchen-diner with TV and we quite often watch it while eating.

But we never eat in the sitting room, haven't had a lap meal or even a snack whilst lounging in the 30+ years we've been married.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:00 AM

I have just looked closer at it and it’s a Samsung LCD TV monitor.

Preparing food and cleaning can be tedious, so having it on passes the time.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-04-2019, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We have a kitchen-diner with TV and we quite often watch it while eating.

But we never eat in the sitting room, haven't had a lap meal or even a snack whilst lounging in the 30+ years we've been married.
dOOd, l wouldn’t be able to savour my food if l was watching the television. It would just be like refuelling and not concentrating on the flavour, or the niceness of your meal.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:05 AM

Yes we've got one Arty....
Most evenings I watch it while preparing meals.
'Pointless' keeps me company while I prepare and cook a meal, 'The Chase' is my prefered choice while eating said meal, and something on 'Quest' (preferably something Australian) while washing up the pots.....

Because the sound quality of a 19" TV is rubbish, I patch it through the house music system which has large speakers in the kitchen ceiling and that overcomes the sound of extractor fans and boiling kettles.

I can also attach this laptop through the system and listen to selected music on youtube in excellent quality. My neighbour reckons it's pretty good anyway. Being a digital TV I can also receive hundreds of radio stations also.....

Prior to having the kitchen refurbished I hard wired everything in, so not a cable in sight....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top