Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 12:44 PM

Is Markle being sent to Africa?

The Duke & Duchess of wherever have apparently 'decided' to move to Africa for a few years after their baby is born. It is said to have something to do with African charity work whilst also promoting the UK. Either that or the Royal advisors have decided it's better to send them away to a foreign land, seeing as they are becoming so unpopular.

What do you think?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...-a4123446.html
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 12:53 PM

Re: Is Markle being sent to Africa?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The Duke & Duchess of wherever have apparently 'decided' to move to Africa for a few years after their baby is born. It is said to have something to do with African charity work whilst also promoting the UK. Either that or the Royal advisors have decided it's better to send them away to a foreign land, seeing as they are becoming so unpopular.

What do you think?

Only if we can persuade Mrs Windsor and all of her brood to emigrate too and then declare them undesirable aliens and refuse them re-entry.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Only if we can persuade Mrs Windsor and all of her brood to emigrate too and then declare them undesirable aliens and refuse them re-entry.
I think that may take some time but I suppose it's a start.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 01:21 PM

Send 'em to Timbuktoo for all I care, or Coventry

No idea mate. Probably something to do with getting out of paying tax or adopting a baby as is the in-vogue trend nowadays for "celebs".
Hope Harry's got plenty of factor 50 for his ginger complexion.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 02:17 PM

Wonder if they wii be meeting and greeting POTUS when he visits in June! Duchess is not a fan.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 02:29 PM

What do you think?

With whom? The press who are are trying to compare her with Kate Middleton and thus create stories of great rivalry between them? Or is it that some see her in same way as Mrs Simpson - a divorcee who had no place in royal society? Talk about history repeating itself, Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII were forced into exile because of their relationship and it would appear that this young couple is having to do the same.

Personally, I have no axe to grind - they should have been left alone to get on with their lives.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 02:29 PM

I say lucky them if they can figure out a way to leave all the critics behind and enjoy their own kind of lifestyle with the little one.

How ridiculous to dictate where a woman should place her hand on her unborn child.....if she naturally protects the bump, let her be.

So much hoopla about celebs, when the royalty of England has promoted attention and favor for hundreds of years. It began long before Miss Markle entered the circus ring.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-04-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I say lucky them if they can figure out a way to leave all the critics behind and enjoy their own kind of lifestyle with the little one.

How ridiculous to dictate where a woman should place her hand on her unborn child.....if she naturally protects the bump, let her be.

So much hoopla about celebs, when the royalty of England has promoted attention and favor for hundreds of years. It began long before Miss Markle entered the circus ring.
true but she appears to be the one with the whip.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 02:40 PM

true but she appears to be the one with the whip.
Which is as it should be in the normal realm of things.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
With whom? The press who are are trying to compare her with Kate Middleton and thus create stories of great rivalry between them? Or is it that some see her in same way as Mrs Simpson - a divorcee who had no place in royal society? Talk about history repeating itself, Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII were forced into exile because of their relationship and it would appear that this young couple is having to do the same.

Personally, I have no axe to grind - they should have been left alone to get on with their lives.
I agree Judd! Even the press are getting fed up with arguing about Brexit, so they are now looking to the royals to provide more to write about.

I suspect that Harry is more like his mum & he has shown interest in those from far off lands.... so will probably enjoy it. Royals don't have a cosy home life, as most of us do, and I expect they may be happier without the press constantly following them.... so maybe Africa is a good choice for them!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top