Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 10:44 AM

Coalition???

Now we have at last heard that the PM is standing down
and that the end of May was indeed the end of May!
The next question is who will replace her?
Allthough her replacement is not likely to remain in charge
for very long, someone needs to be in charge in the interim!
Might l suggest ' slightly tongue in cheek ' that instead of one
PM they choose a consortium or coalition of maybe three
different ministers? Can anybody see any problems this may
cause?

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 10:51 AM

Re: Coalition???

No way would I think a consortium or coalition of 3 ministers running the country would be a good idea. They have enough trouble following one PM - three would be a nightmare of infighting and jostling for top position. I can't see anything positive in this at all - all you would get would be more confusion and indecision than there is at the moment. This country seems to be lurching from one disaster to another at the moment and we would be even more of a laughing stock if we had three of the self-interested buggers in No.10.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 10:58 AM

Won't Mrs May remain as " Caretaker PM" till a new PM takes her place?
I understood that this would be the case until a new PM takes over.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

I think they might be well on the way to sorting out a new PM already Twink. Certainly by the time we are into June someone will be in post - and heaven help him/her I say.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Twink I understand that is the case, May has stepped down as leader of the Tory party to enable the process of selecting a new leader to take place.
She is still and will remain the Prime Minister until a new Tory leader is selected unless of course, she decides to relinquish the position and I doubt she will.

So it looks like May will cease to be Prime Minister in July before the summer recess begins by which time a new leader will have been selected.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 11:16 AM

I'm worried that one will be too many let alone a trio!
If Boris gets in he could make things a whole lot worse like he did with that poor woman in Iran!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 11:20 AM

Not unless the chosen members of such a caretaker group were tried and tested BREXIT supporters.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

24-05-2019, 11:20 AM

I would hope it won't take that long Meg. If it does then will it mean there will not be anything done until after the Summer recess. We will run out of time again won't we?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
No way would I think a consortium or coalition of 3 ministers running the country would be a good idea. They have enough trouble following one PM - three would be a nightmare of infighting and jostling for top position. I can't see anything positive in this at all - all you would get would be more confusion and indecision than there is at the moment. This country seems to be lurching from one disaster to another at the moment and we would be even more of a laughing stock if we had three of the self-interested buggers in No.10.
I agree with your predictions Aerolor, but if those predictions
came true would it not hurry up the collapse of the ruling
party, and thus a general election? Hence be benificial?

Regards Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm worried that one will be too many let alone a trio!
If Boris gets in he could make things a whole lot worse like he did with that poor woman in Iran!
Couldn't disagree more. BoJo is the very best next PM.

Nazanin Zaghari, who was caught breaking the law in Iran, holds dual nationality ergo while in Iran she is subject to Iranian law.

At least he tried.

But ANYONE who raised the issue any further than was being raised, especially a British minister of the crown would result in a slap from the Iranian government.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top