Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 12:42 PM

How arrogant of Chuka Umunna.

What an arrogant coward Chuka Umunna is! He was elected to the Labour Party by Labour voters in his Streatham consitutency. It was bad enough when he defected to form a new party in February - Change UK. Now that party has been seen off as a busted flush, he has for a second time, now defected to the Lib Dems! A party that in the past he has hurled insults at.

Yet, this shameless MP, voted in to represent Labour in 2017, refuses to allow his constituency to choose whether they wish to be represented by a Liberal Democrat. His excuse being that both Labour and Lib Dems want the same thing so there is no need for a by-election because his constituents voted for him rather than his party at the time, Labour.

What an arrogant prat! What say you?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 12:51 PM

Re: How arrogant of Chuka Umunna.

Completely agree, but then being a complete arrogant prat does seem to come naturally to him...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 02:42 PM

Ummuna, yet another MP who overestimates his own importance.

As I have pointed out before Umunna and Tony Blair were busy formulating a new party some time ago... https://www.totalpolitics.com/articl...h-chuka-umunna

Blair presumably being too toxic with the public to front a party himself got others to do it. I am pleased they have not succeeded.

Ummuna and the others who won their seats as representatives of a certain party should have requested a bi-election in their constituencies when they left their respective parties.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 03:09 PM

I've come to the conclusion that ALL politicians are arrogant
It must be a built-in trait which forces them to compete for votes
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I've come to the conclusion that ALL politicians are arrogant
It must be a built-in trait which forces them to compete for votes
Seems not one of them have learnt anything from the
EU election results Rhian? Think they need another lesson!

Regards Donkeyman!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Seems not one of them have learnt anything from the
EU election results Rhian? Think they need another lesson!

Regards Donkeyman!
I couldnt agree more
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 07:15 PM

Winston Churchill changed sides a lot too.
He ( Chuka) is after all a politician none of them are choir boys .
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 11:29 AM

Sometimes changing parties is the sign of a man of principle. Particularly if your party has departed from its core beliefs. as in Labour. I'm not convinced that that is the reason for Chuka Umunna's actions though.

However, I think perhaps Party Politics should banished with each MP being an independent and solely representing the interests of his constituents. Then we might get some parliamentary decisions which make sense and suit the people, rather than what the Party, Parliament or the Government think is good for us, but actually only suits them
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Sometimes changing parties is the sign of a man of principle. Particularly if your party has departed from its core beliefs. as in Labour. I'm not convinced that that is the reason for Chuka Umunna's actions though.

However, I think perhaps Party Politics should banished with each MP being an independent and solely representing the interests of his constituents. Then we might get some parliamentary decisions which make sense and suit the people, rather than what the Party, Parliament or the Government think is good for us, but actually only suits them
This is from the web site of the parliament. Is it for a reason that representing a constituency is not among the tasks?

The main functions of the UK Parliament are to:

Check*and challenge the work of the Government (scrutiny)
Make and change laws*(legislation)
Debate the*important issues of the day (debating)*
Check and approve Government spending (budget/taxes)

https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/role/
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:16 PM

I don't know. You tell me I'm merely asking. Incidentally, why is it of any interest to some one living in the Netherlands?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top