Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 03:52 PM

Cookery Books.

Do you still use them?

Do you look recipes up online?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 04:00 PM

Re: Cookery Books.

I've got my trusty Delia Smith cookbook if I need to look something up but generally I don't have to use one. Have also got a Nigella book (some handy recipes in there) and a Be-Ro baking cookbook given to me by my old mum many years ago. Most of my cooking is based on experience gained from these books - books will give you a background and a working knowledge but by and large you shouldn't need them after a while.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:03 PM

Whilst I look for new ideas on the internet i do enjoy browsing the pages of a cookery book to re-discover old favourites that I have not made for a long time.
I own around 120 cookery books
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 10:12 PM

Hi

I have 13, some of them from courses I have been on.

Five of the 13 are handwritten notes from the courses or tips I have picked up.

I cook every day but do not bake.

I am no pastry chef.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have 13, some of them from courses I have been on.

Five of the 13 are handwritten notes from the courses or tips I have picked up.

I cook every day but do not bake.

I am no pastry chef.
I cook almost every day too but much prefer baking.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 08:38 PM

Yes I still use cookbooks. I’ve got some specialty cook books with favourite recipes so I like to keep them. I’ve also got some cookbooks I’ve had for over 4o years.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:06 PM

I look things up online but I have started to keep a paper notebook of the good recipes. When you look for a recipe online it's not always easy to find the one you liked. With a notebook you can add changes that you made yourself to improve the dish.

The only problem is that I can't remember where I put my notebook!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:06 PM

I used to have lots of cookery books mostly received as presents, I found a lot of recipes just didn't work well and wondered if that was intentional, chefs not giving their secrets away.

I still have a couple of tried and tested like 'Good Housekeeping step by step' and Delia 'Complete cooking' plus a folder of my own recipes
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I look things up online but I have started to keep a paper notebook of the good recipes. When you look for a recipe online it's not always easy to find the one you liked. With a notebook you can add changes that you made yourself to improve the dish.

The only problem is that I can't remember where I put my notebook!
...what happened to that third eye of yours,..re:notebook.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
...what happened to that third eye of yours,..re:notebook.

Well it's funny but I just found the book! So the finger must be working It was lying there on a shelf next to the sofa. The same notebook also has about ten pages of the novel I started writing three years ago

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top