Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 10:35 PM

Do you have a mobile phone?

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I don't have a mobile phone Carol.

Please don't think I am being rude etc, but why does everyone assume every person has a mobile phone?? first of all you need people to call to use it.

This post by realspeed on the 'No Internet' thread got me wondering...

Do you have a mobile phone? Do you use it much & what for?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 10:42 PM

Re: Do you have a mobile phone?

I forgot to say I use mine every day.

In with my contract I get 150 minutes of free calls and unlimited texts.

I make all my calls from my mobile and usually send about 6 texts a day on average - sometimes more.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 10:45 PM

My Mobile Phone is stationary most of the time, in my pocket, it is only mobile when I am.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 11:06 PM

I have a basic mobile phone not a smart phone and I only really use it to text .

I pay £6 a month for ...
500 MB data
300 minutes
500 texts

I don't use any data and about 100 texts.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 11:20 PM

I have a smart phone which I don't get on with and rarely use.

I'm seriously thinking of changing over to a PAYG basic phone.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 11:22 PM

I have a smart phone, I pay £9 per month for unlimited texts, unlimited calls and some data. I used to pay £23 a month till I phoned them and told them I was moving to another company, they then did a deal with me, I got a bargain!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 11:40 PM

I use mine all the time. However, I totally understand why people don't want one. I didn't bother with a personal smart phone until about three years ago. I had a work one for a lot longer. Once you have it you're sucked in to the zombie world. I've had a mobile for over twenty years but I never used it that much other than texts until the smart phone malarchy. Smart phones are handy but also totally invasive. I often wonder whether they are listening to conversations (not phone calls). Because you will be talking to someone about something and then there's a blinking advert related to your off line chat.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 12:09 AM

I use mine all the time also - it's my mobile office, my diary and calendar, contains Apps to help with my job, is my web browser for when I'm out and about and is also my SatNav using Google Maps. Oh, I also use it to make phone calls and send text messages. £10 per month SIM only deal for unlimited texts, 500mins of calls and 4Gb data.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 01:36 AM

Mine is on a Vodafone plan for three people. 3 Samsung Galaxies for an average of about $140 per month. We all use them a lot for calls..text..Google..camera..music/ spotify etc. I use mine for quite a few apps..Guitar tuner, flashlight etc. IT's the handiest thing I've ever had.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 02:35 AM

We've given up on a home phone. Didn't seem to be much point if you have a mobile of some sort. My wife and I have one each, they cost about $20 a month and I never use it up and any unused carry over , so I have currently about 1350 minutes surplus plus unlimited texts and I forget how much data but I've never run out so far.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top