Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:39 AM

Toxic Relationships!

Have you had any and how did you deal with them?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:44 AM

Re: Toxic Relationships!

I've got a room full of dolls with pins in.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Well there’s a solution.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:53 AM

Depends....on the whole if someone really let's me down or is mean to me I tend to switch off with them...it's weird really it's not something I have much control over....I expect it's self preservation that kicks in.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 05:10 AM

A few over the years.
My marriage has mostly been free from bad episodes, we get along fine as we're both in the same leaky boat.

Then there are other relationships I guess:
Family members, friends, old flames, work colleagues, bad neighbours, despots on social media...I'll have to have a think, Bratti. Good thread though
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 05:25 AM

Yes in the past. How did I deal with them?..A question with so many answers. One that sticks out is that I dealt with too many of them badly. HIndsight is magic I know. I don't have any in my life now thankfully. Best thing I can say is always keep your dignity. Don't let anybody try to take it away from you. And learn from it. Sometimes it is painful to walk away. But sometimes you have no choice. You feel like a loser but sooner or later you realise you made the right decision.

And!....."I've got a room full of dolls with pins in". You don't live in Eaglemont do you?... I hear some weird things happen there.

https://www.domain.com.au/news/eagle...160614-gpj031/
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->

Yes I have.

How did I deal with it.

In the strictest of confidence...with a therapist.

I would not want to share how I dealt with it,...to an open forum.or within a group of people.

Each to their own...

What ever the other person feels comfortable with.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Excellent!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Do you mean in fora or in real life?

In fora - one or two - I just cease contact and ignore them.

In real life - have met a few toxic people - never stayed in their company long enough to form any sort of relationship with them.

Have never been in a relationship that turned toxic though - I choose my friends very carefully and am blessed with good ones.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 07:59 AM

Yes, my marriage was very toxic after a while. I put up with it for far too long but ended up getting a divorce. Although I do have a partner again these days I'll never remarry, and will always keep my own home on as well. Should things change for us then I have a place to live, I'm far too old to be sleeping on friends sofas and trying to get someplace to call my own. Besides it was hell and I never want to be in that position again. Strange for some to understand I know, but that's the way it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top