Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 07:54 AM

Rocketman

Watched it last night excellent fast download.
Which is the best thing I can say.
Really one big load of tosh.
Thats it really just thought you may like to know.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 10:52 AM

Re: Rocketman

I went to the cinema to see it. I thought the bloke playing Elton did an ok job, of me it was just ok but nothing to write home about. I did enjoy the music though.

It wasn't a patch on Bohemian Rhapsody, now I LOVED that film.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 11:29 AM

I went to the cinema to see 'Rocket Man' & I loved it.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I went to the cinema to see 'Rocket Man' & I loved it.
Yes we all have our different opinions Carol.
I must admit like LQ I did like the music and was singing along to it.
I am just not keen on the man on man crap we are having to see nowadays in nearly every movie we watch.

Like LQ I loved Freddie Mercury's movie although I have to admit I cringed a little when he was kissing guys.

But this Rocketman stepped over the line in my opinion with the Scotsman Richard Madden having a BJ by the pool.
To much for me and totally (pardon my pun) blew the movie.
I suppose it also never helped Madden's James Bond status as well.
Goodbye to that dream Dicky boy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 07:12 AM

Sounds revolting, Longfellow, can't stand EJ anyway. Why are they making 'lifestory' films about people who are still alive? Very strange.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Yes we all have our different opinions Carol.
I must admit like LQ I did like the music and was singing along to it.
I am just not keen on the man on man crap we are having to see nowadays in nearly every movie we watch.

Like LQ I loved Freddie Mercury's movie although I have to admit I cringed a little when he was kissing guys.

But this Rocketman stepped over the line in my opinion with the Scotsman Richard Madden having a BJ by the pool.
To much for me and totally (pardon my pun) blew the movie.
I suppose it also never helped Madden's James Bond status as well.
Goodbye to that dream Dicky boy.
The BJ scene was totally unnecessary and made me feel very uncomfortable and tbh it ruined the rest as I kept thinking how I wish they didn't put that in. I.m not even sure I would have gone to see the film had I known they were going to show that. It was unpleasant viewing for me.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:34 AM

I quite enjoyed it more for the music than anything else I agree about the BJ scene and also it wasn't in the same league as the Queen movie...that was really special.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top