Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Gravitas
Senior Member
Gravitas is offline
North England
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,061
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-08-2019, 06:45 PM
1

My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

I'm not surprised he hasn't walked since. My daughter has been working and studying for the past three days and wonder what on earth the dad does with him to develop him (if anything).

It's always been claimed the baby doesn't like to be encouraged and aided to walk. But I do wonder. He is 14 months and two weeks old and also hasn't said his first word yet.

I do have concerns about the poor little chap but my concerns and advice aren't well received by my daughter (it's considered interfering unlike my "don't get involved, "keep your head down wife".
Reply With Quote
Judd's Avatar
Judd
Chatterbox
Judd is offline
West Riding of Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 9,098
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-08-2019, 07:06 PM
2

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

I'm surprised he hasn't learned to walk by himself by now. They start to move around freely starting with rolling over, then crawling and finally pulling themselves up on furniture before launching themselves. As for not talking yet, don't your daughter and hubby/partner/live-in chum speak to each other so the babe can pick up some words at least?
Reply With Quote
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is offline
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 14,939
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-08-2019, 08:32 PM
3

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

What a scary thread! Itís like striving for perfection!

Leave the child be. He will walk and talk in his own time.
My main concern would be... Is he healthy, as that is all that matters.

The time to worry is when he starts school and he is still in nappies!
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8,345
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-08-2019, 09:08 PM
4

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

My Son didn't walk until he was two, what a change for his sister she was into everything from a year, boys do tend to take longer anyway, but they, of the same age, usually all catch up when they start school.
Reply With Quote
Puddle Duck's Avatar
Puddle Duck
Senior Member
Puddle Duck is offline
Cheshire. UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,980
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-08-2019, 10:46 PM
5

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

My friends son didn't walk until he was two, made no attempt. Neither did he attempt to talk until around the same age. He was also still in nappies just before he went to school .

Hey ho ! Looks like he was using his energies elsewhere, after being considered as not developing at the pace he should.
He went to Oxford university, got a degree in Bio Chemistry and now lives in Australia with a top job .

Too early to start worrying. I'm sure he will bring you lots of pleasure.
Reply With Quote
summer's Avatar
summer
Chatterbox
summer is offline
yorkshire
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 6,995
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-08-2019, 06:18 AM
6

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

My little Grandson walked in a fashion sort of standing up and following his nose from one obstacle to another at 10 months old...it might have been less painful and he would have had fewer bruises if he had crawled a bit longer.

They all do it in their own time....14 months isn't late in walking terms .....he will talk soon enough then you will get the never ending question......why?
Reply With Quote
Gravitas
Senior Member
Gravitas is offline
North England
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,061
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-08-2019, 10:51 AM
7

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm surprised he hasn't learned to walk by himself by now. They start to move around freely starting with rolling over, then crawling and finally pulling themselves up on furniture before launching themselves. As for not talking yet, don't your daughter and hubby/partner/live-in chum speak to each other so the babe can pick up some words at least?
He did just that.

But I had been concerned he might not. And yes apparently he was late. Although I think my daughters didn't walk any earlier (and they have turned out highly intelligent). The worry was he'd be later still.
Reply With Quote
Gravitas
Senior Member
Gravitas is offline
North England
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,061
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-08-2019, 10:56 AM
8

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What a scary thread! Itís like striving for perfection!

Leave the child be. He will walk and talk in his own time.
My main concern would be... Is he healthy, as that is all that matters.

The time to worry is when he starts school and he is still in nappies!
What a very lower clarrrss mentality you have. You don't live in Stoke do you? 60% of children there starting school are already 18 months behind in their speech development. And the poor little ****ers never catch up.

And if you think the teachers will sort it - they WON'T!

YOU (and those like you) are the scary ones! Hobbling the poor little no-hopers from the start.
Reply With Quote
tarantula
Chatterbox
tarantula is offline
UK
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 9,374
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-08-2019, 12:07 PM
9

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I'm not surprised he hasn't walked since. My daughter has been working and studying for the past three days and wonder what on earth the dad does with him to develop him (if anything).

It's always been claimed the baby doesn't like to be encouraged and aided to walk. But I do wonder. He is 14 months and two weeks old and also hasn't said his first word yet.

I do have concerns about the poor little chap but my concerns and advice aren't well received by my daughter (it's considered interfering unlike my "don't get involved, "keep your head down wife".
I didn't walk until I was 23 months old, but started talking when I was about 4/5 months old, I can talk for the universe.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 32,006
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-08-2019, 03:13 PM
10

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What a scary thread! Itís like striving for perfection!

Leave the child be. He will walk and talk in his own time.
My main concern would be... Is he healthy, as that is all that matters.

The time to worry is when he starts school and he is still in nappies!
Thanks Art for some common sense.

Babyhood isn't a race Gravy, and I agree with your long suffering wife.... keep your nose out.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.