Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Vegetable joke is funniest gag at the Edinburgh Fringe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-49389208

A joke about vegetables has made it to the top of the menu as this year's funniest at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Swedish comedian Olaf Falafel has won Dave's "Funniest Joke of The Fringe" award with the niche culinary pun.

He took the title with the gag:

"I keep randomly shouting out 'Broccoli' and 'Cauliflower' - I think I might have florets".

It is from Falafel's show It's One Giant Leek For Mankind at the Pear Tree.
That's so bad that it could have come out of the Tommy Cooper Joke Book .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:32 PM

Re: Vegetable joke is funniest gag at the Edinburgh Fringe

I contest it was the funniest as I heard funnier but it was a bit sweary so won't post it in case I get banned.

Ooh I found one doesn't have any swear words I like “A thesaurus is great. There’s no other word for it” – Ross Smith
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:37 PM

Another pun was "Some white sugars are rare, but brown sugars? Demerara"
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 01:29 PM

I don't understand what is amusing about that so called joke.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 01:32 PM

I think l have an odd sense of humour as l thought the cauliflower joke was very funny.

Sometimes, there are things posted on this forum and most people think it’s hilarious.... yet l don’t find it funny, at all.

I never laughed at Morecambe and Wise, yet l cried with laughter at Ken Dodd, Freddie Star and currently at Mrs Brown.
Last night’s repeated episode with her using the hair remover sticky pad, still has me in fits of laughter.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think l have an odd sense of humour as l thought the cauliflower joke was very funny.

Sometimes, there are things posted on this forum and most people think it’s hilarious.... yet l don’t find it funny, at all.

I never laughed at Morecambe and Wise, yet l cried with laughter at Ken Dodd, Freddie Star and currently at Mrs Brown.
Last night’s repeated episode with her using the hair remover sticky pad, still has me in fits of laughter.
I used to find Ken Dodd amusing and also the Mrs Brown comedy. I have heard the name, Freddie Starr, but I doubt his humour would be to our taste.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I used to find Ken Dodd amusing and also the Mrs Brown comedy. I have heard the name, Freddie Starr, but I doubt his humour would be to our taste.

Tara, Freddie Starr died recently but l suppose that’s no laughing matter!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2019, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tara, Freddie Starr died recently but l suppose that’s no laughing matter!
If you say so.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2019, 02:25 PM

If you say so.
Tara, lt was supposed to be a bit of a pun but ..... l suppose it’s nothing to laugh at..... Cor, l think l’m digging deeper here!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 02:27 PM

À chacun son goût.....
I quite liked Freddie Starr. An all rounder. The others mentioned here, I didn't care for.
I also liked Dave Allen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top