Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 01:35 PM

High Time For A Reform Act To Control Our MPs.

After we, the people, have had to stand by and watch as Remainer MP’s put two fingers up to us, it really is time to sort them out.

No longer must we ever put up with their campaign to thwart the implementation of the biggest vote for anything in the history of our nation, the vote to leave the European Union.

Let’s be perfectly honest by first stating the obvious.
In the past two weeks, we have witnessed the most disgraceful and traitorous plot by Remain MP’s to depose the Prime Minister and take over the Government for the purpose of preventing Britain leaving the EU on 31st October. This is despite the vast majority of them having been elected on manifestos that promised to respect the referendum result.

Don’t know about you, but I realised three years ago that manifesto promises in official Government booklets carry no constitutional weight. MPs believe they can do whatever they want. In fact, a dangerous gap has opened up between what ordinary voters believe democracy should mean and what MPs consider it should mean.

A recent YouGov poll found that 63 percent of the public believe MPs should act accordingly to the wishes of their constituents. But 80 percent of MPs rejected that and said they should act accordingly to their own judgement, even when that went against the views of electors.

The attempt to block Brexit sees MPs as a judicious overclass because it is being applied to an issue on which Parliament explicitly handed a decision to the people. On no other matter put to a referendum - whether it was the Scottish Independence, moving to AV voting system or ratification of the Belfast Agreement - have Parliament dared to suggest thwarting the expressed will of the people.

However, despite their elitist notions, the idea that such choices should reside solely with an elite in Westminster thankfully no longer exists, especially since the Expenses scandal of 2008. So, it is high time that referendum results should be put into law so confidence and trust can be restored in our political process.
We desperately need a new Great Reform Act that shows those of us who still believe in true democracy (and foolishly assumed was already in place) that never again will this treachery be allowed to happen.
Also, never again should the people of the Uk be put through the experience of being told that a decision that was handed to us to be decided solely by us by the then Prime Minister, and agreed upon by MPs in their manifesto promises (aka David Cameron - “Not Parliament, not the Politicians, just you the British people”) only for traitorous MPs to attempt to snatch it away afterwards.

A new democratic law desperately needs to be put on the statute book. Until this happens, Politicians will have free reign to continue sticking two fingers up at the will of the people.

MPs must be held accountable for their manifesto. Those that then change their political ideology must be removed from office and a by-election held. At the moment it seems to be a case of “if voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it” attitude from our traitorous MPs because they know they can do whatever they wish with impunity. They are also able to switch parties several times without any punishment from the people that elected them as well as their local parties. Why are they not made to hold a by-election? This must stop.

I also believe that the Treason Laws should be brought back. It might then concentrate minds such as those cockroaches, Hammond, Grieve and the rest of the enemy within, betraying the British people. Once they are allowed to do this and no longer represent us, they are nothing but just another tyranny,

Politicians must learn quickly once we have elected them, that they are our servants and not our masters.

What do you think?

(some of the paragraphs above contributed by Patrick O'flynn on 17th August 2019)
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

20-08-2019, 01:45 PM

Re: High Time For A Reform Act To Control Our MPs.

Treason?
What do sensibly minded people think? They think that calls of traitors and treason are the acts of very dangerous idiots or ideologues who need to be firmly slapped back. That is the route of dictatorship or rule of the mob. Please restrain your language back to a grown up democratic debate where people are not damned by certain quarters of the media simply for having a view different from others or going against your desires.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by gascony ->
Treason?
What do sensibly minded people think? They think that calls of traitors and treason are the acts of very dangerous idiots or ideologues who need to be firmly slapped back. That is the route of dictatorship or rule of the mob. Please restrain your language back to a grown up democratic debate where people are not damned by certain quarters of the media simply for having a view different from others or going against your desires.
Sensibly minded people disagree with everything you wrote.

A democratic decision by the people being overturned by parliament is treachery at its worst. Especially when over 90% of parliament voted initially in favour of it.

Democracy is about acting on the will of the people not denying it. Your version of democracy is fighting one form of extremism with another.

You will find great examples of dictatorship in the leader of the opposition and ideologic undemoratic state rule in your beloved EU.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

20-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Sensibly minded people disagree with everything you wrote.

A democratic decision by the people being overturned by parliament is treachery at its worst. Especially when over 90% of parliament voted initially in favour of it.

Democracy is about acting on the will of the people not denying it. Your version of democracy is fighting one form of extremism with another.

You will find great examples of dictatorship in the leader of the opposition and ideologic undemoratic state rule in your beloved EU.
I find it dumb to support a policy that will damage and weaken the UK, which a no deal exit would. I truly think it can only be supported by people whose short sighted bias is actually working against the best interests of the country. But I’d not ever call such people traitors or treasonous. Why should your version of “right” feel able to throw that slur around against those who fundamentally disagree with you and your views?
It’s playground name calling of the most dangerous and insidious form.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
just another tyranny,

Politicians must learn quickly once we have elected them, that they are our servants and not our masters.

What do you think?
I think you should start using a dictionary to avoid misconceptions.
A representative is a person who has been chosen to act or make decisions on behalf of another person or a group of people.
On behalf: in the interest or aid of (someone).

Slave: person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 02:54 PM

Treason?
I have to say that in all the years I have posted on OFF, not once have I ever typed these words,or argued with anyone but the odd Troll, but I will make an exception in your case and tell you to stop with the prima donna act!

In future, please also ensure you do not dictate to me what I can or cannot post on OFF. You are not a moderator, just a poster like myself. I am sure if I posted anything of offence that disturbs your delicate soul, the mods would be very quick to point it out to me or delete the post.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:18 PM

I couldn't agree with you more SG I also think we need to vote for people who can read, because this lot voted for article 50 which said we would leave with or without a deal and have consistently then fought against it. Clearly never read what they voted for.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:21 PM

I find it dumb to support a policy that will damage and weaken the UK, which a no deal exit would.
You're welcome to your own opinion but it's not an opinion shared by the majhority of referendum voting people of the UK.

BrExit in the long run will massively benefit the UK and free it from the future totalitarian dictats of the EU. It will free the country to be prosperous and to manage it's own national affairs instead of having to consult 27 other member states via QMV, states who frankly couldn't give a flying fig about the UK and its people.

The whole notion of the EU political union is an utter farce and hugely damaging to individual countries imho. It cripples a country's ability to operate with endless bureaucracy and red tape and if they're dumb enough to join the Eurozone their ecomonies are soon trashed.

Your idea that Britain will be damaged by BrExit are nothing less than short term thinking and Remainer sensationalism.

I truly think it can only be supported by people whose short sighted bias is actually working against the best interests of the country. But I’d not ever call such people traitors or treasonous.
As stated above, it is the Remainiacs that are short sighted or to be more accurate, simply citing short sighted post BrExit forecasts to promte their agenda. There's absolutely no doubts whatsoever that in the long run Britain will be massively better off and will be the envy of the 27 other EU member states for having successfully escaped the clutches of the EU.

As for people being traitorous, YES, that's most certainly what they are. You either accept and respect democracy in this country or you don't. If you don't then you have an extremely serious problem that will see you opposed and shunned by democratic UK people. Understand that if the UK perople perceive that tyrants are rising up to take over the country and remove that democratic system and replace it with elitist totalitarianism then there will be huge concequences. Mass revolution, mass civil unrest descending into civil war.

Remainers and MPs actively obstructing the democratic process are acting as traitors. They are not respecting democracy and are thus enemies of the country.

Being vocal about opions, parading, campaigning is fine. Everyone can do this but actively obstructing the democratic process is not.

If Labour were duly elected to No 10 in a democratic General Election but parliament or some other rgroup refused to let Labour in, and instead insisted that the Tories stayed in power, then the same thing would follow. It would be a demostration of dictatorship, tyranny and would be no less than a statement of war on democracy.

I thus support SG's position as I have posted myself numerous times. Post BrExit we must round up every MP that has actively opposed BrExit as being an enemy of the democratic process and eject them from parliament and politics. There is no place there for them.

Why should your version of “right” feel able to throw that slur around against those who fundamentally disagree with you and your views?
Because it's the version of "right" expressed by the majority of people who voted in the democratic referendum.
Nobody's singular version of right is of any interest or weight. It is the MAJORITY that vote whose version of right must be implemented simple as. Again there's nothing wrong with you disagreeing with others, but since your views are in the MINORITY camp, they can't and won't be implemented.

If you step across the line from simply expressing your own Remainer views to actively obstructing the democratic process, THEN you become a traitor and such people as I have said need to be removed from politics and parliament.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:28 PM

I find it dumb to support a policy that will damage and weaken the UK, which a no deal exit would. I truly think it can only be supported by people whose short sighted bias is actually working against the best interests of the country. But I’d not ever call such people traitors or treasonous. Why should your version of “right” feel able to throw that slur around against those who fundamentally disagree with you and your views?
It’s playground name calling of the most dangerous and insidious form.
EU membership has never been good for our country, that's why we voted to leave.

My version of "right" is on the side of those who voted in the referendum and by a huge majority, voted to leave.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I couldn't agree with you more SG I also think we need to vote for people who can read, because this lot voted for article 50 which said we would leave with or without a deal and have consistently then fought against it. Clearly never read what they voted for.
Not quite imho.

It's a long standing and very well known management technique to steer subordinates towards a certain way of thinking and to then later let the subordinates take a vote on what the way forward should be, in the firm knowledge that they are going to vote for the path you always wanted.

It has the benefit of duping the subordinate into thinking it was THEIR decision (though it never really was) and as a result they are more bought into the decision and behind it.

With the referendum, the elites and shill MPs thought they had sufficiently manipulated the populous and so felt able to give the populaous a referendum, knowing they would vote to stay in the EU, thereby sealing their own fate for years to come and having no come back if and when the totalitarian EU police state began to emerge.

They got this spectacularly wrong

They underestimated the deep seated long standing feelings and beliefs of UK people who value their country, their nationality and traditions and who had 100% not forgotten the huge sacrifices of their grandparents in WW2.

Those people stood up, went to vote and told the elites to GTFO of our country and that we want no part of the EU dictatorship. Up to that point they had never been able to do anything about the former treacherous actions of past Prime Ministers, John Major, Thatcher and Blair who collectively sold our country and its justice system down the river to the EU, each of them pushing through individual EU treaties without ever consulting the will of the UK people, without ever giving them any choice or a referendum.

BrExit has now woken people up and they can now see that it's so much more that leaving the EU that is at stake. In fact democracy as a concpet, as a system and way of life in the UK is now in a perilous position. What we have are elites seeking to overthrow that democratic system and instead rule through dictatorship in the EU.

This is a war just as important as WW2 it's just that people don't understand that it is because there are no soldiers, guns, tanks and bombs. What there are, are enemies of the state and traitors working and operating in our governement and in all influencial positions in society inc police, judiciary, health services and so on.

These people have been waging war on our country for years, seeking to abolish our very nationality and sovereignty.

Ther are still here, they are still active, they are working daily on the young people in the UK, conditioning them to accept being neutered and to place no value at all on British nationality.

If they are not stopped, the country is lost.

BrExit is step 1 of a long process of putting many wrongs right.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top