Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:31 PM

Why don't people listen to their body ?

Our body parts warns us and we just don't paid attention
to them ..
That anywhere from the top of your head to you little toe .

..100% of us don't listen to our bodies . Yes eversingle one
of us don't .

Example : drinking , smoking , exercising, good eating
habit ., are just a few example .

Tell me why don't you listen to your body .
P.s don't tell me your deaf ..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:35 PM

Re: Why don't people listen to their body ?

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
Our body parts warns us and we just don't paid attention
to them ..
That anywhere from the top of your head to you little toe .

..100% of us don't listen to our bodies . Yes eversingle one
of us don't .

Example : drinking , smoking , exercising, good eating
habit ., are just a few example .

Tell me why don't you listen to your body .
P.s don't tell me your deaf ..

You have made a very sweeping statement with no evidence provided to back it up.

I have never smoked, I rarely drink, I exercise each day and try to eat a reasonable diet.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
..100% of us don't listen to our bodies . Yes eversingle one of us don't.
Rubbish.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:39 PM

Because there are different levels of sensitivity to pain and discomfort. So some people don't register problems until it's quite far gone. Others go to the doctor when it's still too minor. BP can be very high before you have symptoms. Cancer is often painless.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Rubbish.
Absolutely right.

If we "100%" (!) didn't listen to our bodies we would all be dead from when we were babies and learned to be able to tell our mothers that we feel poorly. None of us would have lived beyond 3 days old.

Sugarbug - if you rephrased your statement to something like "Why don't we listen to our bodies a little more?" instead of simply inferring that we couldn't give a toss one hundred per cent, then your thread would be worth sensible discussion.
Go back to the drawing board my sweet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:50 PM

I do listen a bit if I start to bruise easily I know it's time to get some vitamin K into me and various other tells let me know to adjust my diet.

I think most people listen to their thirst and hunger so the 100% is rather a huge assumption.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Because there are different levels of sensitivity to pain and discomfort. So some people don't register problems until it's quite far gone. Others go to the doctor when it's still too minor. BP can be very high before you have symptoms. Cancer is often painless.
True.
GP's don't want to know if you say you'd like a full MOT, to them you are wasting their time. Even if you get an appointment for a problem, more than likely you'll get fobbed of with pills or A/B's, they don't want to send you for tests for this & that. It wasn't always like this, but now with so many patients, lack of Doctors & funds it's become the norm in most cases.If you are lucky you still have an old fashioned type surgery, but I doubt many still exist. Gone are the days of Dr. Finlay.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:59 PM

My general opinion is that I do listen to my body but I believe that emotional trauma can cause many illnesses, and how can we prevent this,when it is often caused by somebody else?

I agree that we all make mistakes sometimes, but one set of rules don't apply to everybody... because we are all different & general health advice only works for some.

I have been a type 1 Diabetic for 35 years & it is very likely that was caused by a trauma. I control it as well as I can & have not suffered any major problems as I do 4 blood tests a day so I know I am taking the right dose of insulin.

Eight years ago I survived an aggressive cancer & have been clear since. Mainly because I listen to my body & act quickly if there seems to be something wrong.

I agree that listening to you body helps a lot, but I still have a bottle of wine each week , although I don't smoke & do try to eat health food that I make myself.... mainly because you don't know what goes into processed food!
None of us can live forever..... but would we want to if we have to forbid ourselves the occasional naughty indulgence?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
True.
GP's don't want to know if you say you'd like a full MOT, to them you are wasting their time. Even if you get an appointment for a problem, more than likely you'll get fobbed of with pills or A/B's, they don't want to send you for tests for this & that. It wasn't always like this, but now with so many patients, lack of Doctors & funds it's become the norm in most cases.If you are lucky you still have an old fashioned type surgery, but I doubt many still exist. Gone are the days of Dr. Finlay.
Well I'll be asking for a full MOT in October because I do this every five years. Even though I believe I'm physical fit who knows what is going on inside the body? It's the blood tests that are the most important.
The thing that still annoys me is that the NHS are still in the dark ages when it comes to the height vs. weight test. They still believe it's the correct method to gauge obesity.
Last time I was classed as "borderline obese" because I had a waist of 37" and was 6'3" tall. They don't take into account muscle density. When I told them this and they prodded around my stomach and said it was solid they relented. It's not my fault I'm a cool hunky dude is it?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 02:11 PM

Hi

I do listen to my body.

It says shot, stabbed and blown up, a quadruple bypass, only 3% vision in one eye and currently just out of Hospital with a severe infection and needing skin grafts.

I tell it to swan off, I am still going to enjoy myself.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top