Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 06:23 PM

Indoor hobbies

What do you do with your time if you are indoors, apart from wasting it on here 24/7?

The reason I ask is because I have had to submit a new doctor's note to work today, this time for a whole month and there will likely be another after that.

I am used to being physically active but this hernia has floored me; knocked me for six. I can't go very far without the thing popping out and having me rendered a hobbling cripple at the moment.

So I'm going to be stuck for something to do.
I could get a jigsaw or do some cooking. I'm fed up with watching daytime TV and all the sitting on my a**e is giving me backache. I can sort out cupboards and tidy things up but I need a hobby to keep me busy at other times.

Any (sensible) ideas would be appreciated, ta
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 06:44 PM

Re: Indoor hobbies

PlayStation mate....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
PlayStation mate....
Absolutely bloody not mate! Can't stand computer games. I need to be semi-active but doing nothing too exhausting.
I know how old people who are incapacitated feel now and I don't like the look of what's to come
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Learn to play a musical instrument get tuition off You Tube,

Accoustic Guitar £100 plectrums 50p and your away.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-09-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->

I thought about that, basser but my wife wouldn't like all the noise. Being so into music I really should play an instrument. Dunno really
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->

Great idea...

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I thought about that, basser but my wife wouldn't like all the noise. Being so into music I really should play an instrument. Dunno really
You can pick up a cheap Yamaha organ keyboard and stand on ebay for next to nothing, and plug earphones in so that it doesn't bother anyone else whilst you are learning. Then, once you are up to impresario standard, your better half might allow you to give it some welly without 'em....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 07:31 PM

Get a camera
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 07:47 PM

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Get a camera
I did suggest something similar on another thread or maybe another forum. A dog and a camera actually. Both get me out. But it seems that poor Floydy may not be in a place where he can enjoy the great outdoors to any extent.

Maybe taking up painting would be a possibility?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 09:01 PM

I understand how you feel Floydy, I can’t stay in the house for long periods, daytime TV drives me potty.

When I have nothing to do in the shed I always go for a ramble then head for the local on the way home, have a few games of darts or dominoes with the other retirees then home for me dinner, you don’t have to drink much, I spread two pints out over a few hours and the time flies by.

How are you at painting (art)? I see Besoeker has already suggested it, I hear that’s a very satisfying hobby, can’t paint myself but you never know your talent till you try it out, say for example you had to design a new album cover for your favourite bands greatest hits, what would you feature on it?, what colours would you use etc., all you need to start you off is paper and pencil, you might even enjoy doing it.

PS. I hope things work out for the best with that hernia, I had it when I was younger, it’s the devil of a thing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top