Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 04:29 PM

Snorers and earplugs

I live alone am a good sleeper and sleep in silence thank goodness but later this year I'll be sharing a room while on holiday.
Not that I havn't done it previously but I can't face it again so can someone recommend the best earplugs around ?
No suggestions for stopping the snoring please , this person is in denial about it so wouldn't do anything about it anyway .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 05:03 PM

Re: Snorers and earplugs

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I live alone am a good sleeper and sleep in silence thank goodness but later this year I'll be sharing a room while on holiday.
Not that I havn't done it previously but I can't face it again so can someone recommend the best earplugs around ?
No suggestions for stopping the snoring please , this person is in denial about it so wouldn't do anything about it anyway .
One third Stolichnaya, one third Bacardi, one third Newcastle Brown.

Half a litre taken orally on an empty stomach should do it.

Next morning three raw eggs, tablespoon Tabasco or Encona hot sauce. tablespoon Lea and Perrin's, salt and pepper to taste, and swallowed in one gulp if possible.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 06:37 PM

I use these regularly:

Classic earplugs are made from a soft energy absorbing polymer foam

Allows the user to roll the plug down for easy insertion into the ear canal

Plugs will expand slowly to form a comfortable seal against noise

Ideal for use where ever noise is a problem, either in work or leisure activities

SNR = 28dB; H = 30dB; M = 24 dB; L = 22dB (whatever they mean)

Available everywhere, including Amazon and Ebay .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:24 PM

I cannot imagine anything worse than having something in my ears - think I would rather put up with the snoring!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:28 PM

Don't go, stay at home.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:30 PM

Tape record your friend, Zuleiker. He/she would have to believe you then.

My ex used to sound like a motorbike revving up when he got going.
It was really bad. Every bloomin' night.
Even if I was in the kitchen downstairs I could still hear him snoring upstairs, especially if he'd had a few beers.
I could never sleep with a snorer again.

It's different if it's occasionally, like with a cold or something, but night after night got me down as I just couldn't sleep.
Even if it stopped for a while, I found myself laying there waiting for it to start again, so I do sympathise with you.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:00 PM

Sounds like my Daughter, we regularly share a twin room when away & she has sinus problems & her snores would wake the dead. She has now got those nose things that fit in the nose & they do work to a certain amount, she isn't as loud, but they can fall out too & then it starts again. I am resigned to not sleep well when we go away. I can't use ear plugs as it makes my tinnitus worse.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:10 PM

I hope I don’t snore too loud . Lol
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I hope I don’t snore too loud . Lol

I only hear you if the wind changes direction, Bratti.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 10:31 AM

Just tell him to shut the f up, or dig a well placed knee or elbow in his ribs.

Back in the day I was very friendly with a girl but on the first night we actually (attempted to) sleep together I found that she snored like a pig.

That was it.

Game over.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top