Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,719
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-10-2019, 06:10 PM
1

Russia and middle east??

Is Russia on the cusp of usurping usa from the middle east and
all iits resources??
What will USAs reaction be to what is happening now??
Is Trump responsible for loosing us influence in the region??
Regards Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
Devo's Avatar
Devo
Senior Member
Devo is offline
SW UK
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 793
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-10-2019, 08:01 PM
2

Re: Russia and middle east??

It's probably a quid pro quo - Russia gets the Middle East and Trump gets help with the next election.
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,719
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-10-2019, 08:36 PM
3

Re: Russia and middle east??

Originally Posted by Devo ->
It's probably a quid pro quo - Russia gets the Middle East and Trump gets help with the next election.
Never thought of that Devo, sounds feasible??
Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
Puddle Duck's Avatar
Puddle Duck
Senior Member
Puddle Duck is offline
Cheshire. UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,173
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-10-2019, 09:04 PM
4

Re: Russia and middle east??

Considering Putin has been one of the main negotiators between Turkey, Syria, US , Iran and Israel, I don't think he has been given the credit deserved.

He also stated last week that all foreign countries in Syria should leave, and once things are settled, Russia would also leave.
The fact the Assad called on Putin for assistance means he was invited, none of the other countries were invited to get involved. Least of all US ,UK and France.

I think his interest lies in the same place as US, and that is the oil. His and Iranian pipelines go through Syria to Turkey (I believe)and we know there are movements to stop the flow of Russian oil into Europe . Turkey also have oil and they too want a bit of Europe, along with Israel. Not sue if Israel has oil or gas, but Syria has the gas.
There has been no mention of Saudi oil being piped through Syria..
That's how I understand it.
Reply With Quote
Savvy
Member
Savvy is offline
United States
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 32
Savvy is male 
 
22-10-2019, 09:26 PM
5

Re: Russia and middle east??

The Russians and Turks have made a fool out of Trump and the United States. The Russians have made huge gains in influence in the Middle East. Syria is the first step, our actions were the first appeasement. It is all about the oil, the influence and making the US appear weak.

Trump has been favoring Putin over the American people and the rest of the free world since he came to office. He has surrounded himself with people who are dealing with Russian agents. That is his version of "Making America Great Again."

As long as Trump is the president, no other nation can trust or depend on the US.
Reply With Quote
Surfermom's Avatar
Surfermom
Senior Member
Surfermom is offline
United States
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,938
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-10-2019, 10:02 PM
6

Re: Russia and middle east??

Spot on, Puddle Duck.

I might also add that what Erdogan wants most in all of this is nuclear capabilities.
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,719
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-10-2019, 10:26 PM
7

Re: Russia and middle east??

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
The Russians and Turks have made a fool out of Trump and the United States. The Russians have made huge gains in influence in the Middle East. Syria is the first step, our actions were the first appeasement. It is all about the oil, the influence and making the US appear weak.

Trump has been favoring Putin over the American people and the rest of the free world since he came to office. He has surrounded himself with people who are dealing with Russian agents. That is his version of "Making America Great Again."

As long as Trump is the president, no other nation can trust or depend on the US.
Welcome to OFF Savvy! I see we agree on the russia v usa in the
middle east issue!
Now there is a new factor to consider, Iraq has now told US it is
no longer welcome there and must remove its troops?
Whilst this may be good news for the troops, what are the possible
consequences of this in the region?

Regards Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,719
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-10-2019, 10:37 PM
8

Re: Russia and middle east??

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Considering Putin has been one of the main negotiators between Turkey, Syria, US , Iran and Israel, I don't think he has been given the credit deserved.

He also stated last week that all foreign countries in Syria should leave, and once things are settled, Russia would also leave.
The fact the Assad called on Putin for assistance means he was invited, none of the other countries were invited to get involved. Least of all US ,UK and France.

I think his interest lies in the same place as US, and that is the oil. His and Iranian pipelines go through Syria to Turkey (I believe)and we know there are movements to stop the flow of Russian oil into Europe . Turkey also have oil and they too want a bit of Europe, along with Israel. Not sue if Israel has oil or gas, but Syria has the gas.
There has been no mention of Saudi oil being piped through Syria..
That's how I understand it.
Breaking news on this PD is that russian battle helicopters are at
this moment landing at the vacated US bases!
So they are wasting no time in talking?

Regards Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,719
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-10-2019, 10:39 PM
9

Re: Russia and middle east??

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Spot on, Puddle Duck.

I might also add that what Erdogan wants most in all of this is nuclear capabilities.
Who do you think would give him this SM??
Regards Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
Savvy
Member
Savvy is offline
United States
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 32
Savvy is male 
 
22-10-2019, 11:16 PM
10

Re: Russia and middle east??

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Welcome to OFF Savvy! I see we agree on the russia v usa in the
middle east issue!
Now there is a new factor to consider, Iraq has now told US it is
no longer welcome there and must remove its troops?
Whilst this may be good news for the troops, what are the possible
consequences of this in the region?

Regards Donkeyman!
The large question is if we are going to bail, why did we ever go there in the first place. It looks like all of our dead troops and dead dollars were in vain.
If I were Israel I would be damn careful about depending on the US for backup.

Mr. Starr may have told us the answer a few decades ago:
https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=SLB...7&q=song%20war
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.