Join for free
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:45 AM

Frankie & Bennys

I've never been before to this place, but, yesterday, as it was next to the Cinema, and it was the good lady's birthday, we popped in to have a meal. Had Mac & Cheese for her, and a burger & fries for moi. Both were excellent. We then had apple pie with custard and vanilla ice cream to follow, which was delicious. As I had a Groupon voucher, it was just £19.99 for us both. Certainly was a good deal, and worth trying out.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:47 AM

Re: Frankie & Bennys

Originally Posted by John ->
I've never been before to this place, but, yesterday, as it was next to the Cinema, and it was the good lady's birthday, we popped in to have a meal. Had Mac & Cheese for her, and a burger & fries for moi. Both were excellent. We then had apple pie with custard and vanilla ice cream to follow, which was delicious. As I had a Groupon voucher, it was just £19.99 for us both. Certainly was a good deal, and worth trying out.
I've never been there John, we have one right next to our Showcase Cinema too, might have to try it out. Thanks for the review
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:50 AM

Same here too. There's one next to the cinema I go to but I've never been in. We choose McDonald's next door because it's cheaper.
I always buy a bag of Revels for the film though
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Same here too. There's one next to the cinema I go to but I've never been in. We choose McDonald's next door because it's cheaper.
I always buy a bag of Revels for the film though :cool:
I get pick and mix then end up with toofache
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I get pick and mix then end up with toofache
Aren't they expensive though, John? You pay about a fiver for half a dozen jelly babies! It's got to be a good film to warrant that.

Oops, I'm digressing. Back to Frankie & Benny's before the finger-wagging ladies tell me off...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2019, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Aren't they expensive though, John? You pay about a fiver for half a dozen jelly babies! It's got to be a good film to warrant that.

Oops, I'm digressing. Back to Frankie & Benny's before the finger-wagging ladies tell me off...
I'm not John *wagging finger @floydy*
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-11-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm not John *wagging finger @floydy*
So you're not, LQ. You shouldn't wear that hat
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 02:01 PM

I'm often tempted to buy their ice-cream tub when doing the weekly Tesco Shop, but then gulp at the price of it and how much less in the tub there is compared to my usual ice-cream and never buy it. I've been told it does taste really delicious though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 02:49 PM

Frankie & Bennys is good for a meal out after or before the cinema. We used to go in there quite a bit even if it was just for a coffee or a desert.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 03:47 PM

Frankie & Bennys is British and gets excellent reviews, McDonalds is American and doesn't.

You get what you pay for …..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top