Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 07:24 PM

ITV Election Debate

Glad to see that the SNP and LibDem mouthpieces Blackford and Swinson have lost their court case with ITV about their non-inclusion in the forthcoming election debate with Johnson and Corbyn.

I should think so too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50463816

Well-know gobshite Ian Blackford even has the balls to call the decision a `"democratic disgrace". Tough.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 09:01 PM

Re: ITV Election Debate

ITV is a private broadcaster. You cannot take them to court and try to force them to include who you want to include, that is not how the law works in this case. The only claim against ITV would be once the program airs then complaints can be made to the regulator Ofcom.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:30 PM

No point watching, hardly a debate when only half those electioneering are represented.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Glad to see that the SNP and LibDem mouthpieces Blackford and Swinson have lost their court case with ITV about their non-inclusion in the forthcoming election debate with Johnson and Corbyn.

I should think so too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50463816

Well-know gobshite Ian Blackford even has the balls to call the decision a `"democratic disgrace". Tough.
That won't be the first democratic disgrace, of late.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That won't be the first democratic disgrace, of late.
Sure bet it definitely is not the last.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 11:29 AM

You can only vote for the SNP in Scotland anyway, and the Lib Dems are unelectable.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 11:51 AM

I find these debates between Party Leaders pointless, so I won’t be watching.
These head-to-head TV fixtures seem more like a contest in who has the best “public image” and turns politics into being more about individual personalities rather than the policies and plans of each party.

We already know how each leader will come across - we’ve seen them in Parliament often enough. All I want from them is for all Party Leaders to publish a definitive manifesto, so I can compare and contrast all their plans for myself. I don’t need to hear their waffle or their constant digs and attacks on each other.

Anyway, I’m not voting for the Party Leader or for who should be Prime Minister - I’m voting for the person who is going to represent me and my constituency in Parliament so I’m more interested in the local candidates and the policies they are standing for.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 02:04 PM

None of them stand for anything in my opinion. I will not be watching, what's the point? Same old lies, same old bull sh1t.

Has anyone ever changed their vote after to watching one of these farces? I doubt it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 02:08 PM

I have to admit, I haven't even thought of watching it. It is all shown again on every flippin News on every flippin channel, with every utterance dissected by know-alls.

Besides, I would much rather watch the new 4-part Drama series of ''Cold Call'' starring Sally Lindsay that started on Channel 5 last night and continues tonight. All about how she is scammed by phone scammers. Really good so far.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 02:47 PM

I don't think it matters what Boris is going to say tonight. It could never be worse than Corbyn as Prime Minister.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top