Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 06:50 PM

Apple cider vinegar

Having seemingly reached a plateau regarding swimming and weight loss, I have been reading up on natural fat burners to budge that last stone or so.
This is supposed to be one of the best things you can drink or eat so I've bought some.... contains the mother
I've tried it on fish.. delicious
And tonight on some avocado... lovely
I haven't been brave enough to drink it diluted yet

Does anyone else use it?
Any tips?!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 07:49 PM

Re: Apple cider vinegar

Actually it's Raw apple cider vinegar
Unfiltered and unpasturised
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 07:51 PM

My sister drinks it diluted Rhian she is older than me and exceptionally fit...I keep meaning to try it having lost weight too and wondering how to get rid of the last few pounds..... so hard isn't it and Christmas is in the way too I'll ask Sis if she has any tips and report back
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 07:51 PM

I've heard apple cider vinegar does have some great health benefits but I've not tried it myself yet.

As for the plateau Rhi, just hang on in there, you've just hit a stall and carry on doing what you are doing with the healthy eating and swimming it will shift eventually. Unless of course your body is telling you that you have reached a weight that your body is happy with.

On my healthy eating and exercise regime I hit upon loads of plateaus/stalls but I stuck with it and eventually it started to shift again.

I'm now on maintenance, fluctuating between 0 & 4lbs.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

07-12-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
My sister drinks it diluted Rhian she is older than me and exceptionally fit...I keep meaning to try it having lost weight too and wondering how to get rid of the last few pounds..... so hard isn't it and Christmas is in the way too I'll ask Sis if she has any tips and report back
It is hard
and
Ooh yes please do report back
Thank you
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

07-12-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've heard apple cider vinegar does have some great health benefits but I've not tried it myself yet.

As for the plateau Rhi, just hang on in there, you've just hit a stall and carry on doing what you are doing with the healthy eating and swimming it will shift eventually. Unless of course your body is telling you that you have reached a weight that your body is happy with.

On my healthy eating and exercise regime I hit upon loads of plateaus/stalls but I stuck with it and eventually it started to shift again.

I'm now on maintenance, fluctuating between 0 & 4lbs.
Wow you've done so well LQ
I know you're right but I feel like I need a good kickstart to my metabolism
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Wow you've done so well LQ
I know you're right but I feel like I need a good kickstart to my metabolism
Here is what I did:

Protein, I aimed for 60g a day

Be mindful of carbs, I do eat them but too many can be detrimental to the diet

Drink up to 2 litres cold water a day, drink before a meal, it helps fill you up.

More fibre, I added a couple of prunes with my porridge
Plenty fruit and veg, grains, beetroot, salad vegetables, oily fish, kale, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, root veg, lean meat, eggs, shellfish, pasta and rice are ok in real moderation, blueberries, strawberries etc, handful of nuts, seeds, quinoa, giant couscous, lentils, pearl barley, oats, brown rice, yoghurt, milk, eggs, lean meat.

I eat a couple square dark chocolate a day for the health benefit. I'm very disciplined so if you can't resist chocolate and would eat the whole bar then perhaps that's not a good idea, I know so many people find it hard to stop at 2 squares!!!

Track your food, I use an app called My Fitness Pal, if you haven't used it I highly recommend it as it tracks your food and exercise etc.

If you are at a plateau try lifting some weights and do some power walking as sometimes the body reacts to a new exercise. Keep swimming though, as you know, its a fab exercise to help us tone up.

Doing all this over the past 2 and half years has helped me to lose a lot of weight.

My advice would be, just see this as a healthy eating lifestyle and not a diet, just a plan you will do for the rest of your life.

Like I said earlier, if you plateau don't stress, it's just your body needing to catch up, it will shift if you stick to the plan, I promise.

I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you Rhi, I just wanted to share my education and success on following a nutritionally balanced diet.

I wish we lived close by, we could do this together!

Good luck and keep me informed of your progress.

x
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 10:08 PM

All I can add is that it's my favourite vinegar.
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 10:19 PM

Yes Apple cider vinegar is said to have health benefits, unfortunately it's too acidic even diluted for my tum.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 12:08 AM

Rhian, I used to put a good teaspoon of honey in a mug, pour on hot water and stir till the honey is melted down, then add the apple cider vinegar.
The honey is natural, sweetens the vinegar, and has added benefits of its own as well.

Try it. I found it quite pleasant when you get used to it.
I always rinsed my mouth with plain water afterwards though, to avoid potential acid damage to my tooth enamel.

P.S. I don't think it is advised for diabetics on insulin.
Best check interactions first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top