Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
d00d's Avatar
d00d
Senior Member
d00d is offline
London, UK
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 4,080
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-01-2020, 03:52 PM
1

What ever happened to Brexit?

I've been away for nearly a month and the only news I've heard has been in a foreign language, about things and people I'm unfamiliar with. This site was awash with B talk, but no longer. What ever happened to Brexit? The last UK news I remember hearing was Boris has won the GE, now, I know there's trouble in the Middle East, big fires in Aus and a new Labour leader is being sought, but all's suspiciously quiet on the B front.
Reply With Quote
Percy Vere
Senior Member
Percy Vere is offline
Worcestershire, UK
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 195
Percy Vere is male 
 
06-01-2020, 04:04 PM
2

Re: What ever happened to Brexit?

The Lib Dems are looking for another leader too because Jo Swinson lost her seat in the GE.

Parliament returns today so I expect Brexit will be back on the political agenda starting tomorrow. From what I've been reading there's already a shed-load of amendments been laid to change Brexit-related things.
Reply With Quote
d00d's Avatar
d00d
Senior Member
d00d is offline
London, UK
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 4,080
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-01-2020, 04:09 PM
3

Re: What ever happened to Brexit?

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
The Lib Dems are looking for another leader too because Jo Swinson lost her seat in the GE.

Parliament returns today so I expect Brexit will be back on the political agenda starting tomorrow. From what I've been reading there's already a shed-load of amendments been laid to change Brexit-related things.
OMG ...

Is it ever going to happen?
Reply With Quote
spitfire
Chatterbox
spitfire is offline
Warwickshire
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23,473
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-01-2020, 04:19 PM
4

Re: What ever happened to Brexit?

From what I can gather, it sure is going to happen, but, because of the new found majority, the "Goalposts" are being hastily moved about.
Reply With Quote
Percy Vere
Senior Member
Percy Vere is offline
Worcestershire, UK
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 195
Percy Vere is male 
 
06-01-2020, 04:26 PM
5

Re: What ever happened to Brexit?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
From what I can gather, it sure is going to happen, but, because of the new found majority, the "Goalposts" are being hastily moved about.
Yeah, by the EU mainly. They really are desperate to keep us at least in so they can keep taking our money from us.
Reply With Quote
spitfire
Chatterbox
spitfire is offline
Warwickshire
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23,473
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-01-2020, 04:38 PM
6

Re: What ever happened to Brexit?

I think it's more inhouse wrangling, social charter based.
Reply With Quote
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire, England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 39,101
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-01-2020, 06:51 PM
7

Re: What ever happened to Brexit?

The Brexit Bill will return for committee stage tomorrow (Tuesday) and it set to complete all Commons stages by Thursday.
It should go to the Lords on Monday where there should be little opposition because traditionally the Lords do not oppose a Manifesto commitment .

We are on our way ...
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 3,308
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-01-2020, 07:36 PM
8

Re: What ever happened to Brexit?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
From what I can gather, it sure is going to happen, but, because of the new found majority, the "Goalposts" are being hastily moved about.
The new found majority is likely to evaporate at the first sign of
a no deal brexit Spitty!
We will be back on the merry go round again, mark my words?
Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 3,308
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-01-2020, 07:41 PM
9

Re: What ever happened to Brexit?

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've been away for nearly a month and the only news I've heard has been in a foreign language, about things and people I'm unfamiliar with. This site was awash with B talk, but no longer. What ever happened to Brexit? The last UK news I remember hearing was Boris has won the GE, now, I know there's trouble in the Middle East, big fires in Aus and a new Labour leader is being sought, but all's suspiciously quiet on the B front.
I have the same suspiciions DooD, much too quiet??
Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 5,059
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-01-2020, 07:47 PM
10

Re: What ever happened to Brexit?

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I have the same suspiciions DooD, much too quiet??
Donkeyman!
Von der leyen is visiting boris tomorrow. She's a woman, so boris being boris will make his move.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.