Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:02 PM

When people don’t talk

When people don’t engage in conversation what can you do ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:03 PM

Re: When people don’t talk

Strip naked
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
When people don’t engage in conversation what can you do ?
Move on....in the past I would try and force a conversation...the trouble is,I did all the asking....now.....I am relaxed...I was in the company of over 40 peeps this morning...I just let everything flow,go with what ever...it was an interesting morning....I also sat and observed quite a bit...

Edit to add...that is an interesting question...

I think you have to be yourself.....for me..it was finding me....who I am...if that makes sense.just go with who you are..nothing should be forced.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Strip naked
Silly you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:17 PM

Have a conversation with yourself speaking both parts.
They may object to what you say on their behalf and join in!

You could say something like, "You're weird and you dress funny!"
Then answer on their behalf, with, "Yes, I know, but you are beautiful!"

They might then join in with, "I beg your parden, that was rude!" or hit you!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Move on....in the past I would try and force a conversation...the trouble is,I did all the asking....now.....I am relaxed...I was in the company of over 40 peeps this morning...I just let everything flow,go with what ever...it was an interesting morning....I also sat and observed quite a bit...

Edit to add...that is an interesting question...

I think you have to be yourself.....for me..it was finding me....who I am...if that makes sense.just go with who you are..nothing should be forced.

I am myself .
It’s been a lovely day today sunny and bright but I have had my husbands adult daughters staying for the weekend .
They are introverted to an extreme and just don’t engage .
They never ask a single question - not one .
I introduced umpteen subjects .
They never took up one .
These topics ranged from topical Harry and Meghan ( I don’t want to talk about them ) historical Richard 111 ( we heard he was found in a car park) , to TV have you seen the series on Christine Keebler ( never heard of her ) dogs ,.( no my dog doesn’t do this that or the other . ( it’s did however have diarrhoea all over my kitchen floor which I cleaned up as they Don’t get up until late ) Their plans for the year if any ( none)

We went for a walk it’s was beautiful they hung back 100 yards .( they walk as slow as two octogenians) and never once walked or talked to us this also is usual .

I had more conversation with a complete stranger I met who was walking her dog !

Mr M says they are always like this .( he is a quiet person too so he’s thinks it’s natural ) I feel desperate to talk to someone who actually offers some conversation anything !
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:31 PM

Do they bring their smartphones Muddy?
Donkeyman!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-01-2020, 04:34 PM

Yes they did .
And at various times played on them.
these are adults of 37 and 42 .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:38 PM

I won't engage in conversation with People I don't like or have nothing in common with...but..I'm a bit of an introverted non-conformist..I also refuse to be goaded into responding when I don't wish to..it's such a bore
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-01-2020, 04:42 PM

That’s fair enough May but I think when you are in someone’s elses house by choice you should at least make an effort .

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top