Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 3,528
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-01-2020, 09:10 PM
1

Chinese Coronavirus

Could the virus spreading over China be assisted in spreading by
the high speed trains and air travel??
Has this factor been taken into consideration in our planning for
HS2?
As this project has the potential to carry 15400 passengers per hour
24hrs a day if only the Glasgow branch is built perhaps this should
be considered?
They hope to run 14 trains an hour each way!! Who are they kidding
themselves??
These figures have never been approached in uk before and imo
never will?
Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
keezoy
Senior Member
keezoy is online now
Sydney, Australia
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 1,508
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-01-2020, 09:51 PM
2

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

The Chinese are building a high speed train from England to Scotland? Great. But if so I think it should be paid for up front - in full. No strings attached. Otherwise, no deal.
Reply With Quote
Artangel's Avatar
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is offline
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 16,345
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-01-2020, 01:02 PM
3

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

It was said, when there was the outbreak of Ebola in some African countries a few years ago that it would soon reach here.
I donít think it did, did it?

So hopefully, this Chinese virus wonít reach here either?
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 3,528
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-01-2020, 01:02 PM
4

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
The Chinese are building a high speed train from England to Scotland? Great. But if so I think it should be paid for up front - in full. No strings attached. Otherwise, no deal.
The chinese are only supplying the trains KZ, less the drive
system l believe, which will be supplied by siemens? The tracks
and signalling etc will be provided by a consortium! So its all a bit
mix & match?
Concerning the payment for all this, you suggest payment up front!
This will be difficult as the final cost is not fixed and keeps getting
increased? Might l ask why you advocate this method of payment?
Donkeyman!

BTW l was concerned with the spread of disease due to rapid
transit by large numbers of humans, as appears to be case in
China presently?
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 3,528
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-01-2020, 01:14 PM
5

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It was said, when there was the outbreak of Ebola in some African countries a few years ago that it would soon reach here.
I donít think it did, did it?

So hopefully, this Chinese virus wonít reach here either?
Ebola did reach here Arty, but it is a tropical disease and cant
survive in our climate! But some other diseases are not hampered
by this factor, hence my concern?
Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 19,222
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-01-2020, 02:39 PM
6

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Hi

Ebola originated in the Tropics.

It is transmissible human to human, so can easily survive anywhere.

As regards the new Chinese Virus, this is also transferable human to human and it is symptomless but still infective in the first few days.

The reason everyone is getting nervous about it is that Chinese New Year will shortly be upon us, with millions of Chinese travelling long distances for family reunions.

This includes International Travel.
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 40,058
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-01-2020, 02:46 PM
7

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

This doesn't sound good from just 3 hours ago:


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51185836
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 40,058
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-01-2020, 02:50 PM
8

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Ebola originated in the Tropics.

It is transmissible human to human, so can easily survive anywhere.

As regards the new Chinese Virus, this is also transferable human to human and it is symptomless but still infective in the first few days.

The reason everyone is getting nervous about it is that Chinese New Year will shortly be upon us, with millions of Chinese travelling long distances for family reunions.

This includes International Travel.



Swimmy, has your son got any plans to travel back that way?
Looks like he may have got out just in time!
See here:



" A handful of cases have also been identified abroad: two in Thailand, one in Japan, one in South Korea and one in Taiwan. Those infected had recently returned from Wuhan."
Reply With Quote
May's Avatar
May
Chatterbox
May is offline
SCOTLAND
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7,677
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-01-2020, 03:00 PM
9

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

The World Health Organization has advised people to avoid "unprotected" contact with live animals, thoroughly cook meat and eggs, and avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.

Signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.

Worrying indeed..will We be advised to start wearing masks when out & about Our daily business I wonder
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 19,222
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-01-2020, 03:08 PM
10

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Swimmy, has your son got any plans to travel back that way?
Looks like he may have got out just in time!
See here:



" A handful of cases have also been identified abroad: two in Thailand, one in Japan, one in South Korea and one in Taiwan. Those infected had recently returned from Wuhan."
Hi

Thanks for your interest Mups.

Guy would love to be back in Taiwan, however it will be many months before he is able to travel again.

It is a complicated situation as he has now lost motor skills in his left arm and it will be May before he sees a Specialist.

It now transpires that although his head injury abroad contributed to his Epilepsy, he was misdiagnosed by the NHS when he had problems here in the UK before he left for Taiwan.

It is something of a difficult time for both of us.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.